Third-Party Reproduction

*third-party reproduction check-in* Dec. 21st

This weekly check-in is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including: Donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestation carrier, or surrogate - also Donors, GC's and surrogates are welcome as well! If you don't check-in for 3 weeks you'll be removed from the list but we'll happily add you back next time you check in! NOTE: Board etiquette - please post BFPs separately from the check-in, with a warning in message title.

Check-In: How is it going? What are your next steps? How are you feeling?

QOTW: What are you most looking forward to this holiday season? 

Currently Cycling/Scheduled
@chicagobride07 – DEg – Estrogen Phase for a Thanksgiving week FET.
@Lacyj67 – DEg – BCP and Lupron phase for FET #4 Jan 28TH
@vibeee - DEg - SG’s 3:1 program.  Hooray for being PUPO!!  Will you be POAS?  When's your beta?  
@Thespis7 – DS – IUI #4, In the dreaded 2WW.  Will you be POAS?  When's your beta?  

Waiting to Cycle
@ceemonkey – DEg/DS – making a plan for the final transfer.
@Km672 – DEg/DS – on a break while waiting to consult with Dr. KK. 
@Love4Labs826 – DEm – Working on some lining issues before next transfer.
@marshmallowevening – DEm – Searching for a match.
@mm29 – DEg/DS – Chosen an egg donor, plan to cycle this spring.
@Rumbera28 – DEg – planning on IVF in Barbados in the summer.
@refeek1 – DEg –  ((Huge hugs)) on being cancelled!  I hope you and your MD come up with a new plan that works. 
@Sassmaster33– DEg – Welcome!! ((Hugs)) Being told DE is the route you need to take is difficult to hear. GL with your upcoming DE consult!  

Donors/GC’s/Surrogates
@Mama-Bear – GS – EDD 6/21/15!
@CinciSurro – GC – EDD 8/4/15!  

Pregnant!
@sammer 818 – IP-GC – EDD 11/23/14 (Induce Date 11/21) - It’s a BOY! 
@TRexsMum – IP-GC – EDD 1/10/15
@ksgsmu – DEg – EDD 1/12/15 – TWINS!
@datingbettyboop – IP-GC – EDD 2/17/15 - It’s a GIRL!!
@BeckyP005 – DEg – EDD 2/22/15
@pmv81 – DS – EDD 3/12/15 – Team Pink!
@1220winterbride – DEg – EDD 5/25/15 - It’s a GIRL!!!
@JimBobCooter – DEg – EDD 6/14/15- It’s a BOY!!!
@IRR - IP-GC - EDD 7/23/15
@StephieMK – DS – EDD 7/17/15. 
@RunCC37 – DEg – Twinning!! I hope the bleeding has stopped and you had an awesome u/s! When is your official EDD?
@StephieMK– DS – BFP!! EDD July 17, 2015
@J&D2007- Surprise BFP!! Sending lots of thoughts your way!! 
@CinciSurro – GC – BFP!! EDD 8/4/15.  Twins.  Congratulations x2!!
@doodiebug18 – DS – BFP!! EDD 08/18/15. GL with your 1st u/s in the next few weeks! 
@Mama-Bear – GS – EDD 6/21/15!

Parenting
@brooklynesque – DEg – Baby Girl Squeak was born 7/24/14!
@DoublePortion – DEm – Boy/Girl twins born on 6/30/14!
@e74 – DEm – Twin boys born in 2013!
@lincoln79 – IP-GC – Baby Boy Squirt born 10/29/14!
@Lacyj67 – DEg – Parenting foster son!
::: Married June 2003:::
TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
IVF# 4= c/p
***CCRM ODWU***
Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
***New RE***
DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
imageimage image 

Re: *third-party reproduction check-in* Dec. 21st

• Hi ladies!

I'm having my Panorama drawn tomorrow morning! So I'll be anxiously sitting and waiting for 10 days for results.

QOTW: Since the holiday has me exhausted and I have to work on Christmas, I think I'm looking forward to it being over, honestly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi Ladies sending good wishes and hugs to those who need them!!!

****PG Mentioned****j

Going into our 6th weeks and all day sickness has started. Our first U/S is this coming Tuesday. Were excited yet nervous.

QOTW: Well my whole family has been stuck with the nasty flu and cold that's going around, so I'm hoping were all feeling well enough to enjoy the day together.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • Loading the player...
  • Morning everyone. Yes I am in the dreaded TWW. I have tested out the trigger at 7dpt. I am trying to stay positive - having no symptoms yet (except an excess of cm- not sure what that means). I will poas starting Christmas Day!! My beta is scheduled for the 30th. Hoping for a holiday miracle!!

QOTW: I am looking forward to all the food...... Guilty pleasures that come with the holidays.
  • I think I missed last weeks check in! Hope everyone is doing well.

31 weeks yesterday. I find this hard to believe! Happy to be pg but so tired. Not sure how long I can keep up working these 10/11 hr days. This whooping cough is also making me miserable. 3 months now and I see no end in sight :( I'm ready to jump a bridge.

Better throw in a positive! I'm making progress on nursery :)

QOTW: I love Christmas but this year I'm just not that into it. We didn't even put the tree up but that's because that room is cluttered with baby items. Other stuff going on and I can't seem to get excited...

@doodiebug18‌ GL at u/s and boo for ms!! @Thespis7 thinking good thoughts! @TRexsMum‌ keep us posted.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Hello,
    I hope everyone is doing well. I will start BCP's on cycle day 3 which should be around the 2nd of January. I'm going back to the progesterone and estrodiol injections since my last cycle was cancelled without them. Hopefully my next transfer will be in February.

QOTW: I am looking forward to the holidays being over. I'm not much into Christmas this year.

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• @mm29‌ - please update me to say one bean EDD 8/4/15. Thank you <3

***PAIF***
    ***loss warning***
    we had our 8 week ultrasound today, and lost a heartbeat. Ninja B stopped growing, and will miscarry. We are beyond sad. Numb mostly.

Ninja A showed steady growth and still had a good heartbeat. It is very difficult to navigate the mixture of emotions... I'd like to say that I feel relieved to still have this one, but more so, I am terrified that s/he will get taken too.

I can't trust any of this anymore... It's so, deeply unfair. After all we've been through, I really thought this was our dream come true.

QOTW: I feel like the rug was taken out from beneath us... Last year, the holidays were horrible. We were so depressed about our canceled IVF #2 (all embryos stopped growing by Day 3 after ER)... I thought this year would be different. And it has. I've enjoyed most of the season, but today, it's all gone.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • @RunCC37 - I am so sorry for your loss. The emotions must be so terribly conflicting. Thinking of you and your partner.

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• @RunCC37-  I'm so sorry.

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• @RunCC37 - I am so sorry for your loss.  Keeping baby ninja A in my T&P that he/she will be your take-home baby!!
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • @RunCC37‌ sending my thoughts and prayers!!!

***PG U/S update***

Well we are having Twins!!! Everything measured right on track with the babies. My DH and I are in total shock. We are very excited.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • @RunCC37‌ , I am so incredibly sorry for your loss of ninja b. I will keep ninja a in my thoughts!!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • @runCC37 I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Nothing new here at 8 weeks, just all day nausea and food aversions running the show.  

QOTD:  I cannot wait for my kids to open their gifts.  They are so blessed this year.
    Mommy to 5, 1st time Gestational Carrier
    Transfers #1-4  2013/2014 all same DE, all CP
    Transfer #5 11/16/14, new DE, transferred two fresh 5-day blasts
    Beta  9dp5dt - 296     Beta 15dp5dt - 6,596!     TWINS!! due 8/4/15
    Admitted to hospital for preterm labor and 5cm dilated at 32 + 6
    Delivered healthy baby girls vaginally at 36 + 4
    Baby A 6lb10oz born at 11:58pm
    Baby B 6lb11oz born at 12:04am
    (different birthdays!)
  • RunCC37  So sorry about your loss.  What a shitty time of the year to process all of this...

I have been bad and peeing on sticks at home.  They are getting darker everyday!  

I moved my beta to tomorrow so I can have some peace over holidays.

First beta 12/24, second beta 12/26. 

I hope I get the best Christmas gift ever!

TTC since 2007; Unexplained; 8PG: 4CP, 2EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-9 weeks
    Getting ready for DIVF #1 - Transfer 12/16! 
  • @vibee GL tomnorrow.  

@Runcc37 so sorry for Ninja B and FX that Ninja A will continue to flourish.

GL to those cycling.

Hope all those PG are healthy.

Our surrogate will be 10 weeks on Christmas day and we have another US tomorrow.  She has been feeling like crap with Sinus issues and she is certain this baby must be a girl since she heard too much progesterone causes sinus infections and girls cause extra progesterone.  Hopefully the doctor will allow her to stop the extra progesterone she has been taking according to the RE protocol.

We are spending Christmas with my Surrogate and her family (for those that don't know, she is the daughter of really close friends that my DH has known since she as 10)  and I am looking forward to watching her son open his present from "Santa".

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• @RunCC37‌ I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of ninja B. I hope ninja A continues to do well!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • ***loss & pregnancy mentioned***
    Thank you ladies <3 I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the injustice of it all... Last Christmas was horrible (IVF #2 exploded in our faces & was canceled on Day 3 after ER because none of our fertilized eggs made it past cleavage), and we really thought that this year was our lucky break. I know how to grieve a loss... Done it many times... It's just new territory to be grieving and praying for the other one to make it at the same time. It doesn't feel fair. I'm so scared for Ninja A, and don't think I'll feel like this is viable for a long time (if we even make it much further). I told DH last night that I never want to announce this or any other pregnancy on Facebook, and if we actually make it with this pregnancy, I don't want to announce it at all until after our 16-24 week anatomy scan. Paranoid is probably the best word to sum it up. My Sjögren's syndrome puts us at an increased risk for fetal heart block, and all along I have been putting my faith in the favorable odds that we would likely be spared. But now, I trust nothing, and the stats mean very little to reassure me.
    ***end negative vent***

Happy holidays, ladies <3
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day

imageimageimage

• I am really sorry, @RunCC37‌, for your loss. I had a transfer of 2 embies earlier in the week. Due to the holidays, beta will be on January 3. I incorporated a few of dr. KKs recommendations including supplements, baby aspirin, metanx and prednisone. I also did intralipids through my RE. Transfer conditions were less than ideal (according to dr KK I had minimal blood flow to zone 3 just days before transfer), so I am expecting another BFN. We have 2 embies left, DH wants our attempts over ASAP and I tend to agree. I never would have starting trying for a sibling if I knew it would be this hard. We are completely drained emotionally and financially. I have a final results meeting with KK next week. She did provide some initial recommendations to me when I saw her for our first meeting earlier in the month, since I was already in cycle. She mentioned she doesn't usually work this way but wanted to help. She knows and respects my RE, which is somewhat comforting. I guess it is a very tight knit community here in Chicago. Final cycle (not how I am assuming this one will not work!) will be in the first half of this year.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• By the way, you can update my status, the thanksgiving week FET was cancelled. =)

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• @chicagobride_07 - big hugs... it's so hard to feel like you're at the end of the line. 
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• @RunCC37‌ praying for ninja A. Sending you strength.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend so far. I know this time of year is hard for so many of us. I'm almost at the end of my TWW and have already made the decision if this is a no go then I am taking a month off. Just need to let the body and mind rest. I only have about 9-12 months left per my RE to try with my own eggs. But like so many I need a break before I explode.

Oh..... I do like the "what pisses me off section" ha!

Sending hugs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"