Two Under 2
Options

Immune System

I have googled and could not find any research to support my theory that having 2u2 ruins your immune system. I say this as I always seem to have a cold, had bronchitis in Feb when pregnant w/ #2 and was just released from hospital for 3 days suffering now from pneumonia. I constantly use sanitizer, wash hands, Lysol and bleach the house. I take vitamins, extra vitamin c, d and omega. My husband and kids are usually healthy - just me being sick what gives (will note both kids go to daycare, I work about 50 hours a week in Corporate Finance). #1 was breastfed till became pregnant w/ #2, #2 now being breastfed. My oldest is almost 23 months w/ youngest a little over 3 months so am not getting a lot of sleep. Therefore am reaching out to other mommies like me - has your immune system tanked after having your babies and what have you found to improve it? I am sick of being sick. Thanks in advance for any advice!
DS 1-31-13 DD 9-3-14

Re: Immune System

• Options
    There are many things that determine how "effective" your immune system is- diet, physical and emotional health, rest, fluid intake, etc. Just from reading your message, I'm guessing your immune system is taking a hit because you aren't getting as much sleep/rest as your system needs. Hard with 2U2, I know :) 

I take vitamins, drink plenty of water, try to eat a balanced diet, and try to rest enough. I fall short on sleeping enough and exercising. Whenever I start to feel icky, I know I need to get more sleep and that usually stops the cold or whatever it is from progressing. Plus this time of year, I feel the added stress of the holidays, even though I thoroughly enjoy all of it! 

Sorry I wasn't much help, but I think you might just need a little more rest and relaxation. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think 2 under 2 is likely to affect your immune system. But being stressed out and not getting enough sleep is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah...I'd say it's more likely that you're being exposed to the germs from daycare with your body under excess stress. My girls are 14 months apart, not in daycare, I'm a nurse working with really sick patients 2 days a week and we're never sick. I don't think it really has anything to do with 2u2

• Options
    My immune system was total crap from the beginning of cold and flu season when I was pregnant with my second until I started the Wahls diet when she was 8 months old. Between nursing, pregnancy, and the demands of life with 2 babies my body just couldn't keep up when I was on a not horrible, but not super nutrient dense, diet. My energy went up, my weight started going back to normal, and my immune system really revved up when I started eating tons of veggies each day. I promise I am in no way affiliated with Dr. Wahls!
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"