Baby Showers

Baby Shower for Second Child

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with second child and I am debating on inviting my friends to the shower. This is DH's first and also MIL's first and she wants to host. My DS is 7 so some time has passed since my last baby shower. I still have his crib but none of the essentials as I donated all of those years ago. Is it appropriate to invite my friends? They are all awesome and attended the first and probably wouldn't mind attending and celebrating the second. I just don't want to be tacky. Thoughts?

Re: Baby Shower for Second Child

• Quit following her across the boards for the sole purpose of harassing her about a completely different topic, you two.
  • hopanka said:
    Quit following her across the boards for the sole purpose of harassing her about a completely different topic, you two.

Are you for reals? You followed her over here just to WK? I'm confused.
    OP, the only way for this shower to be ok is for it to only be your DH's side of the family. Andplusalso a lot of us frequent most of the boards and we do not take kindly to newbs acting like dicks to our friends. So I recommend you step back and apologize if you plan on sticking around or you know just go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Since it's your H's first child, and it's your MIL throwing the shower, it's okay to accept a small shower.  You should avoid inviting people who were invited to the first shower.

However, if you have a VERY close friend or two who would be hurt to be excluded (and think carefully about this because most people basically regard baby showers as more of an obligation than fun) it's okay invite them to shower #2, in the same way you might invite your sister and your mother to more than one shower.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"