February 2013 Moms

Sleep Question

DD just turned 21 months and for the past 2 months her sleep is hit or miss, more miss than hit. She wakes up several times crying but we stopped going in because it wasn't making anything better. It's not like a real cry it's like an annoyed or fussy cry and she is still lying down. I'm not even sure she wakes all the way up when she does it. I have started shutting our door because it wakes DS up and he is still feeding every few hours so we are all tired and frustrated. Her canines are already broken through which was miserable so i am at a loss as to what could be causing this.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Sleep Question

• Sometimes my girls willl start sleeping poorly before they come down with something - like their bodies try to fight it but are unsuccessful. How long has it been going on? If it's longer than a week then it's probably not that. Does she have her 2 year molars yet? It's certainly not too early for those. 

If you feel comfortable with it, then something you could try is to give her some ibuprofen before she sleeps. If it helps, then it's likely she has a pain problem and you can try to figure out what it is. If it doesn't help, then it might just be a crappy sleep phase. :/ Hope it's over soon, whatever it is.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• @Poppy523‌ I just take about this exact thing. We are in the same boat. Is been going on for a couple months, more off then on, but for the past several days it's been every night, and for many hours at a time. It's terrible that my almost 2 year old is keeping me up more at night than my new baby.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, It's been a few months. Maybe molars though.. I hope it's something like molars so that at least there is an explanation! @tamarar5 that's the same thing happening here, she is worse than the baby! I will try some ibuprofen tonight before bed to see if that helps.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• DD's been having an awful time with her canines. Her molars broke through awhile ago but the canines are taking their sweet time. She will do the same thing, waking up in the middle of the night, cry and fuss for awhile without totally waking up, and then go back to sleep on her own. I don't have an infant to worry about, so I'm just rolling with it for now. But it's frustrating, because once it wakes me up, it's hard to fall back to sleep. :-(

• I don't know from experience yet but when my best friend had her 2nd, her 20 month old went thru a total sleep regression and would only sleep if her DH went in to hold him . I've seen others talk about this on here as well. It could just be related to the new baby and the fact that her whole world was flipped upside down. She will get used to it - just another phase I'm sure !
  • DC2London said:

When Jack started doing this, we moved him out of the crib and it completely resolved the problem.

Rhys has been doing this too, so DH and I assumed he was probably ready to move out of the crib.  Well, I've been asking DH to re-do the childproof latches on his dresser so we can move him to the toddler bed and he procrastinated because man.  And this morning, we were sleeping soundly and Rhys just came strolling in to our bedroom.  So yeah, done with the crib, obviously.
    I think they reach a certain age when they are just done with the crib.  But that's just been my experience with my kids.  Plenty of kids hang out in their cribs well past their second birthdays with no problems. 
    This. Anna has never been a good sleeper, but switching to the toddler bed made a giant difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"