February 2014 Moms
Options

LO has been nursing for almost 5 straight hours...

So, LO woke up at midnight and has been nursing ever since. If I try to take her off or if she starts to fall asleep and falls off she just cries and cries until I put her back on. I tried laying on a blanket with her, but she wouldn't settle and kept losing her grip and crying so neither of us have gotten any sleep.

So, the question is I know she's teething, but doesn't this sound a little extreme even for that? It doesn't feel like she has a fever. Should I be concerned?

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty effing exhausted as well.

Re: LO has been nursing for almost 5 straight hours...

• Options
    Is she nursing or comfort sucking? The nursing motion is a natural teething soother.

There have been a few night here where we side lie so she can comfort nurse in her sleep and I get some shut eye. It wouldn't be extreme in my circle of friends except for the fact she is keeping you up. If you are comfortable, bed sharing/let her nurse while you sleep will help prevent a mombie.

(Disclaimer: my mom friends bed share or sidecar so comfort sucking all night occasionally isn't a huge change)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I tried side lying with her on the floor, but she seemed agitated so neither of us could sleep. She ended up falling asleep when I went back to the rocker and nursed her. However, that only lasted about 2 hours and she was back up again crying.

Also, she was eating some, but I assume most of it was just comfort nursing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @squirm‌ -- Thanks! Normally I'm able to do something similar (pop the nipple out and gently hold up her chin) but last night no matter what she would just wake back up :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"