January 2013 Moms

NBR - Tattoo question

Any tattoo experts here?

https://alicecarrier.tumblr.com/post/102979592326/yesterday-we-spent-the-day-raising-money-for

I really love the bottom one, the pear but I'm looking to do a clementine with leaves. Anyone have a guess as to how many hours that would take in color? Estimate on cost? I'm sure there is a big range but I'd like to sort of get an idea just to know if it would be worth it to contact the artist. I'd have to fly across the country to get a tattoo by this woman plus I've already been to Portland so I think I'd pretty much just go to get the tattoo and then leave.

Anyone know of any artists in Florida, DC or NY with a similar style? I fell in love with this woman's work and so I'm having a hard time even looking for other artists, ones that wouldn't involve a flight to Portland.

Anyone want to talk about their tattoo[s]? How many? Where? What of?

Re: NBR - Tattoo question

• Does she have a wait? That could give you an idea of if she is on the pricy side. 
    She was on buzzfeed as one of the best nature tattoo artists, I'm sure she's expensive. Timing might not be such an issue because I'd be planning out so far in advance. I won't even be back in the States until May. 

I just wish I hadn't already been to Portland, DH isn't really interested in going back for a vacation so I really would just be adding the cost of hotel + flight to a tattoo. I found an artist in Brooklyn who does some pretty nice work but she uses so many lines in her work that it looks a little busy IMO. 

• I have no tattoos but what if you contact Portland lady and see if she can recommend anyone in one of those other cities. I'm sure she has friends who do similar styles that she could recommend.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • chilibeansm0m said: I prefer the Portland woman's style myself but you need to love it! Even if you have already been there and am kicking yourself I would still do it if you really want her. I think I either need to make it to Portland or [fingers crossed] catch her if she does a week in NY again next year. I think if I get a tattoo in her style from someone else and it isn't perfect I'll always regret not just going to Portland for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"