November 2013 Moms
Options

make up help.

Okay I need recommendations for make up. I don't usually wear anything very rarely I will wear eye liner. I've decided I need to invest some $ on me and my sister suggested I try new make up but I have no idea where to start. Help me.

Re: make up help.

• Options
    Well I have no makeup other than one lip gloss and one eyeliner....so everything?
  • Options
    Basics if you're not used to wearing or applying it. BB cream, a blush, a lip stain, mascara, concealer, a little eyeshadow palette with a handful of colors you know flatter your eye color and skin tone. Some brushes if you'll use them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did put on eye liner and lip gloss today since we are picking up dh
  • Options
    No, Ulta has everything! The girls at my Ulta are really helpful.

I'm a make up minimalist so I like bare minerals for my face- tinted primer, their base powder, and blush. The right brushes are key. I also use their eyeshadow for which you'd also want primer. I believe bare minerals sells a starter kit that is reasonably priced. You could find that at Ulta for sure.

Benefit has multiple good mascaras. Urban Decay eye pencils- I use a dark purple bc I heard Carmody on What Not to Wear say it was more flattering.
    Try a lip stain from tarte- it's more than gloss, but less than lipstick. I love that it leaves me with color even when it wears off so I'm not constantly reapplying. Those items are all at Ulta too.

I get really intimidated at makeup counters, but like Ulta a lot.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do I need concealer and foundation? I hate feeling like I have stuff on my face all day.
  • Options
    Also, hoping that you catch a really good cosmetics associate, make sure you ask if your skin has a cool or warm tone to it. This will help you select all the right colors now and down the road, not only for make up but also your wardrobe.

If you don't catch a good associate, I know a trick. Do you look best in gold or silver jewelry? If you look good in gold, more than likely you're warm toned and silver suggests cool toned.
  • Options

Do I need concealer and foundation? I hate feeling like I have stuff on my face all day.

I'd say you need one in general, but don't have to wear one everyday if you don't want/need to. I haven't worn concealer in months, but when DS was sleeping shitty, I needed it under my eyes daily.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tarte makes an amazing foundation.
    Urban decay for shadows but for drug store wet and wild palettes are great too and cheap.
    There is a ton of videos on YouTube!
  • Options
    Great post, I could use some help in this department but just wanted to add my 2 cents, I wear minimal make up so my suggestion if your kind of just getting your feet wet is to think about one feature you want to/ are most comfortable highlighting to start with.

For me, its my eyes. I own a BB cream but really only feel comfortable wearing it on special occasions (and im lazy too!)  but I almost always do eye shadow and mascara. I also love my eyelash curler! Critical for me to not look so tired!

When i'm feeling frisky I add some blush and lip tint, but I think it helps to start with one accent or focus and then build from that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"