2nd Trimester

Baby Size and Fruit Comparison

edited December 2014 in 2nd Trimester
Does anyone else seem to think the size of each fruit/week is odd. 17 weeks is an onion measuring 5.1inches. That seems like a huge onion! I Know, It's a random thought.

Re: Baby Size and Fruit Comparison

• Hahaha - DH said the same thing! I just turned 17 weeks and I like to share with him the weekly fruit change from TB. When I told him it was an onion this week, he asked what kind of onion because they can be different sizes. I said I didn't know but the baby should be about 5 inches and he commented that would be a huge onion as well.
  • Yes!  I have an app on my phone that tells me the size each week.  The other week I had an ultrasound and was told that the baby was measuring four inches.  According to the app, the baby was apricot-sized that week.  I have never heard of a four inch apricot.
  • Loading the player...
  • My grocery store had some papayas (week 22) that were bigger than their watermelons when I was pregnant with DS.  And I have NEVER seen a coconut (outside the green part) bigger than a butternut.  Never seen a 10 inch pomegranate, either (they've all been roughly onion-sized).  I wonder what location they are in to get their fruit measurements.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • seems a little unrealistic, though I think it's circumference..so a Pom could be 10 inches around.. I still post my fruit comparison updates it's cute and I enjoy captioning them "mmmm Mango!" Or "I should make a peanut butter and banana sandwich" makes me laugh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"