Late Term and Child Loss
Options

~ Loss Check-In 12/19 ~

Hi ladies, I hope you have been kind to yourselves this week.  

Welcome to the check-in! I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too. 

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 

QOTW: Have your friendships changed since your loss?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                    motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ~ Loss Check-In 12/19 ~

• Options
    Morena MamaMorena Mama member
    edited December 2014
    @Hufflepuff42‌ a sense of humor is a blessed thing. I'm glad you and your husband have been able to maintain yours. Sometimes it is the only thing that will keep you sane. Also, enjoy your mani and pedi. That can definitely be a soothing experience.

Today I let out a lot of anger while I was by myself in my van. I had to make a trip to my Mom's and it is a rather long drive, so I just let out everything that was boiling up. I cried and yelled and it actually felt good to let down alone. I didn't have to save face for anyone; everything that had been bottled up came crashing out.

I guess my next goal is to go to a support group that the funeral home has started for bereaved parents. I don't know how long I'll last because I find it easier to write my feelings then talk out loud about them, but we will see what happens. It can't hurt to try.
  • Options
    @Hufflepuff42 - Planning the service is so hard. ((hugs))  I agree with @Happyin14 that the service itself was very healing for me.  I hope it can be healing for you too.

@Morena Mama - I have broken down in my car too - it is the perfect place to let it all out.  I hope that you get lots of support from your support group!

@flutterfly88 - I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.  Having loss on top of loss must be so difficult.  If you need anything please let us know.

@Happyin14 - I'm sorry that your friend has not been respecting your beliefs. ((hugs))  It is so hard when people don't understand.

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 
    We made a hospital donation in Caroline's name.  Doing this for her made me happy.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 
    Survive Christmas.  We will be sticking to some traditions but throwing others out the window - we need to do what we need to do to get through this holiday.

QOTW: Have your friendships changed since your loss?

They definitely have.  Some close friends have become closer while others have drifted away.  I also have several loss mom friends that I never would have met if not for Caroline.  They have been so supportive and it is great to be able to talk to someone who has been there.
                                        motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thinking all of you as we move through the holidays <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013