Hate 'em.
3% 4 votes
They're ok.
28% 34 votes
Love 'em.
42% 51 votes

Re: Clicky Poll - In Laws

• Options
    I have my complaints and they annoy me sometimes, but everyone does at some point. I put love em.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I did like them until we found out 2 years ago that they opened lines of credit in dh's name without his knowledge and ran up the cards. It's funny because they used a Sears card to buy appliances for their other son (the favorite) and his family. Now I am civil to them but it's a strained relationship.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alex's parents are great. I love them. His brother on the other hand...
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    I hate my in laws and they hate me! She called me a whore last week's because I told her we wanted nothing to do with her since she threaten to kill my mother last year. She thinks that I took her son away from her and has hated my family for taking him in years ago when she kicked him out with nothing but his clothes. Oh gosh...I could go on for ever about this woman!!

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    I know I should have answered love 'em and I do, but they have become somewhat maddening since LO arrived. I actually thought MIL was going to be the one driving me crazy with him (she has a big personality and is at times overbearing), but it is FIL. The man has no boundaries. He loves LO, but he says very hurtful things to me and DH. Example, LO cries because he can't have all the cookies and FIL takes him out of my arms and says, "Come on, I know you would rather be with me, I know you like me more" and then gives him more cookies. It has been compounding rapidly since we are currently under one roof. I can't wait have the house to ourselves again.
  • Options
    I put love them. They're friendly but they aren't really about calling all the time, coming to visit (we're one state over) or anything like that. We see them for holidays and the occasional that we go see them or rare moon they come visit. It's ok bc its balanced with my parents who are always in touch with us, Skype to see A etc. I don't mind being around the IL's for the holidays at all
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have 4 ILs. MIL and I are okay sometimes and aren't others. I hate that she takes advantage of H and only has us around when it suits her. SFIL pretty much follows whatever MIL wants. FIL is cool. He's a pothead, movie set builder. He is absent most of the time. Lily has seen him all of 3 times her entire life. I really like SMIL. She's super fun to be around and the most level headed of them all.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I chose love 'em. DH's mom and stepdad are amazing! His sister gets on my nerves occasionally, but I love her like my own. DH's biodad.... Well I have a lot of words, but none would be appropriate here.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    Mixed bag here. MIL's side is okay even if she is difficult at times. FIL's side is a train wreck. They're like honey boo boo level white trash.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited December 2014
    I put they're Ok. They are like real family to me, which means I love them all, but they can get on my nerves sometimes.

• Options
    Mixed bag.
    I can only tolerate so much.

• Options
    mcbush said:
    I put they're Ok. They are like real family to me, which means I love them all, but they can get on my nerves sometimes.
    But doesn't your own family get on your nerves sometimes?
    Exactly!

@mcbush

• Options
    Voted Love Them. I married into a very loving family.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    I need a choice that is in between they're ok and love 'em.  In general, I get along with my ILs, but my FIL has done/said some things since I got KU with J that have really tested me.  I think it's really hard for some grandparents to let go and realize they're not in charge anymore.

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"