Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

so hard to lose the babyweight, anyone else?

Just curious if any other moms out there find it very difficult to lose weight? Before having my baby it was not that hard to drop the pounds, but now it feels almost impossible! I have 10lbs to lose and am 6 months postpartum. I run about 3 miles 3 days out of the week and eat pretty clean, of course I eat a little unhealthy here and there but for the most part not too bad, but the scales seems pretty stuck! Tips, tricks? I had breastfed for the first 3 months but had to quit due to some complications (long story) but while breastfeeding I lost most of the weight but have not lost anything since I quit. Its just frustrating when you are doing your best and not seeing any success!

Re: so hard to lose the babyweight, anyone else?

• Options
    It will come.

With my first, I BF for a little over a year and then I really lost the weight after. Now after my second, I am having a REALLY hard time. Though I'm not putting in a very conscious effort at the moment either.

If you are only running, I would suggest adding some strength training to your routine. Muscle burns fat. The more lean muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolism will be, the more you will burn at rest and during activity. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't know what the deal is, I weigh more today then when I was 9months pregnant!! I ebf my dd, I know everyone is different but I really right breastfeeding was supposed to promote weight loss. I've been consistently gaining since the day she was born. I'm not really sure what to do because I've read y you aren't supposed to work out much while breastfeeding? I've never been over weight so I don't even know where to start to lose these lbs!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every body is going to respond to breastfeeding differently. Some people hold on to weight and others drop it. You can work out plenty while breastfeeding as long as you are fueling your body and hydrating properly. Strength training and sprints/ HIIT cardio and making sure I'm eating enough protein and drinking over 70 oz. of water a day have been helpful to me. Maybe check with your Dr. or work with a nutritionist or trainer to get you started in the right direction?
  • Options
    I am in the same boat!! I feel like I've been gaining but I'm just stuck.  I haven't been working out because I just don't have the time so that is my fault.  BUT I do know you can work out while breastfeeding.  You just need to make sure you take in enough water and calories to make sure you upkeep your supply.  I've also heard that body alignment is important after birth to promote weight loss.  I can feel that my hips are off and other stuff is off so I'm planning to get aligned soon at a chiropractor, having only waited 8 months, geez!  Anyways... try that! maybe it will help.
  • Options
    I have discovered that the only way to motivate myself to exercise (for even a few minutes when LO is napping ) is to train myself to treat the exercise time as me-time. I just decided that this is how I will see exercising - not as a hard effort but as a time for myself. It works.
  • Options
    I have the same issue, but I have a little perspective this time. With DS#1 he was probably a full year old before I felt like myself/my weight again. I think a lot has to do with LO finally STTN consistently & our family settling in to a routine, so then I could work out more often & more consistently. 

This time around I'm trying to exercise when I can, but giving myself the year to drop the pounds. DS#2 isn't STTN yet, so my sleep is more important than exercise many days. Instead I'm focusing on trying to eat as well as I can. 

Once LO is STTN I will start exercising more hopefully. With the running, I would suggest spicing it up a bit. Maybe your body is just used to that basic 3 miles & your usual pace. Maybe do intervals on some hills instead one day, or weights or just intervals with your speed for your 3 miles. 

GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    Yes I was just like that and the only thing that works is drink more water between meals (I prefer very warm water) , eat more veggies and fruits and no sweets at all, and exercise. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm 6 months post partum and EBF, but I didn't start losing weight until I joined Weight Watchers. I guess I was overeating and didn't really realize it. WW will give you extra points to consume for breastfeeding.
  • Options
    I started the 21 day fix program when i was cleared to workout at 6 weeks pp. I did 2 rounds before returning to work and was able to lose all of the baby weight by 15 weeks pp. All of the workouts are 30 minutes long and the eating plan was super easy to follow even though I was EBF. My daughter is now 9 months old, I still EBF and I still use the program. I LOVE it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"