January 2015 Moms

Disneyland today....at 9 months pregnant!!!!

It's DD's 7th birthday today, and our annual tradition is to go to Disneyland. The problem is, we had annual passes every year in the past, so we'd just go for a few hours since we would go all the time. Well, we moved, and couldn't go as often, and this is the first year we haven't had annual passes. So because I shelled out almost $300 for the two of us to go, I want to get my money's worth and be there longer. Problem is.....I'm 9 months pregnant! Will I be able to walk for hours?!? I may have to rent a motorized scooter! And everyone is paranoid that I am going to go into labor there and I'm just going with DD....so my BFF is meeting me there in the evening after she gets off work (she has an annual pass). LOL! So, if you see a story on the news about a woman giving birth at The Happiest Place On Earth....it may be me!!!
=))
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Disneyland today....at 9 months pregnant!!!!

• Have fun! When is your due date? I would be considering the motorized scooter too. HBD to your daughter!
  • Jealous, I wanted to go with ds before this lo was born but already had bad sciatic pain this summer :-(
    I'd rent a scooter if I were you. Have a blast!
  • Loading the player...
  • Have fun!  Don't go into labor!
  • I would definitely get the scooter. Have fun!!
  • Have fun!!! We're going to Disney World today for DD's birthday, so I'm right there with you with the concerns. Renting a scooter has definitely crossed my mind a few times!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• You are brave! We've done the Sesame Place Christmas each year so far for DD. I chickened out this year - and Disney World, I imagine, is much much much bigger (I've never been there).
  • Best of luck to you!  I'm heavily debating taking DH to Busch Gardens in January.  I'd be about 37-38w.  I have an annual pass but he doesn't so if we go after Jan 1st he can pay for the day and go until the end of 2015.  I just don't know if I'll be able to do it haha.  You're definitely brave!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would def get a scooter or wheelchair, and if they will give you head of the line privileges (disability pass-take it!) Good luck, drink your water, have fun! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I say you are super woman/super mom for even attempting! I hurt at this point after walking around the grocery store for more than 30 minutes! I say rent the scooter for sure! Hope you guys have a fun day though! I love Disney and can't wait to take the kids one day (and DH, my man child, has never been either).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely get the scooter lol
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Get the scooter! Then you won't be distracted by the pain of walking that much. More fun for you and DD. She can ride on your lap!! Embrace it just for 1 day, it'll be worth it!
  • I've read that babies born at Disneyland get a birth certificate from Mickey personally. That may have just been the first baby born there, idk... but it is definitely a cute story. Good luck, and YES to the scooter.

• Wow, way to be supermom! Definitely get the scooter. Like @4littlebears said, it could be considered an extra fun ride for both you and DD. I haven't been to Disneyland in over 20 years, I can't imagine what it's like now with all the added expansions! Good luck! 

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Have fun!
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• GAH super jealous!! I've been craving a Mickey shaped pretzel with nacho cheese sauce for a solid year. Have fun!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yea I'm reading this sitting on my butt. I look at my toddler and I'm like no I couldn't go to Disney land today. Waaaay to tired.
    Kudos to you and have an awesome time
  • I used to work at Disneyland. Any baby born inside the park gets a lifetime pass, that being said, only 2 babies have ever been born in the park - and Disneyland is over 50 years old! :) They have ambulances on sight and they will rush you out of there stat! Hopefully no labor today and just a fun birthday with your kiddo.
  • I'm 9 months pregnant also and I just came back from Disney. My advise is walk slow, sit when you get tired, and try to get one of those belly support bands (I have one and it's awesome). I asked my doctor last week if it was okay to go and he said yes, just keep hydrated and rest when you're tired.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"