Breastfeeding
Options

Block feeding reduced supply too much

I had overactive letdown along with oversupply. I did blocking feeding where I only had dd feed off one side and then switched to the other at the next feeding roughly 2.5 hours later. I'm not sure if it's the combination of my supply regulating too as she's 10 weeks.

But now my supply is sopop low. I'm worried. Baby is not fully satisfied after feeds. She eats both sides empty/soft. She's taking a lot longer to feed and just generally falls asleep as nothing is coming out. I try compressions. She's up more at night looking to eat. Her poops have dropped significantly. While I am happy the choking, spit up, vomiting and gas has gone pretty much away, I'm super worried my milk supply is gone for good.

Can my body come back from this? I'm just looking for a happy medium. I just got done pumping 15 min - I got .25oz as she's asleep to try to stimulate the need for more. I'm going to offer her to eat more often tomorrow. Make milk cookies. Eat oatmeal. Drink water. But do you think I can bring my supply back after this? Is it possible? What can I do? Is it too late? If it is possible, how long til I see an improvement?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Block feeding reduced supply too much

• Options
    edited December 2014
    It started about 2 weeks ago. I keep thinking it's gonna get better and it just isn't. Today I'm realizing how bad it really is. :( Like I knew it was going down but she still seemed pretty happy. Today not so much. Even though poops went from 3 to 1 to now every 36-48hrs -which I know is common for her age but I worry.

I hope its temporary. I'll be devastated.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"