Trying to Get Pregnant

False positive at 10 DPO..Wondfo

Sarah77361Sarah77361 member
edited December 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi, ladies I new to this site and I just recently created an account when I " thought" I was pregnant. My husband and I just recently started TTC our second child. I believe I was around 10 DPO. I know there is no way to know for sure bc I was not temping. I am just counting from when I got my positive OPK. Anyways at 9 DPO I took a test and of course BFN. I then took another one using FMU at 10 DPO and BFP ( 10 DPO is when I got a positive with my daughter) my husband and I were so excited!! The morning of 11 DPO I decided to test again to see if my lines were getting darker and my heart dropped when I saw BFN! I took 3 more using the same urine including a FRER and all 3 BFN. 12 DPO BFN. I finally caved and asked one of my doctors at work (I do ultrasound for a high risk OB office) and she suggested that we draw my blood. The results came back today and my HCG is less than 1 completely negative!! Has anyone else ever had a false positive with wondfo?
 Me: 28 DH:27

Married my highschool Sweetheart: 05/16/2009

BFP # 1 11/16/11- EDD: 08/02/2012- Sweet Baby Girl Born: 07/29/2012

Started TTC baby #2: December 2014

My Ovulation Chart

Re: False positive at 10 DPO..Wondfo

• I'm sorry for the disappointment. I have also heard that Wondfos, and also blue dye tests are more prone to giving false positives, though very rare. I do think it was a little premature to be going in for BW. I'm glad, however, that you recognize you can't confirm ovulation without temping. Hopefully you can look into that this coming cycle!
    Me: 29 DH: 34 Married 9/8/12 Started TTC 10/01/12
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea by RE in 2/2013
          Provera + Ovidrel trigger = BFP #1 3/24/13
    DD born 11/12/13
    TTC #2 since 9/01/14
    Tamoxifen + Ovidrel trigger = CP (cycle 3)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

• Wow! Now that I have done more research I can't believe that have no recalled these and fix whatever the issue is. I never had a problem when I used them our first time TTC. I watched the second line appear it was about 2 minutes after I tested so I never even questioned if it was an EVAP. Crazy that this has happened to multiple people.

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much!! Best of luck to you as well!

My Ovulation Chart

• I had a very strange line last cycle. The second line (the one we all hope to see!) was solid dark blue. I was using the wondflo strips that I had ordered from Amazon. I took a few more and they were all Def negative. I have a photo but I'm having trouble attaching the file. Do you have to be using the desktop version?
  • Sarah77361Sarah77361 member
    edited December 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• I'm slow in the acronyms - what does FRER stand for?
    First Response Early Result
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • I thought about trying to temp. I am not sure I would understand how to read it though! I guess I would eventually figure it out!!

@wowcheezits the legit ones from Wondfo are not great HPTs. 

Sorry OP, I would be very upset if that had ever happened to me. Definitely consider temping to clarify your O dates. I hope you stick around while you work on getting a real positive rather than the unfortunate false one. 

My Ovulation Chart

• Sarah77361Sarah77361 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm sorry for the disappointment. I have also heard that Wondfos, and also blue dye tests are more prone to giving false positives, though very rare. I do think it was a little premature to be going in for BW. I'm glad, however, that you recognize you can't confirm ovulation without temping. Hopefully you can look into that this coming cycle!
    The more I think about it you are totally right I should have waited to get my blood draw because if I had late implantation I may not be out this cycle. I could be grasping at straws here but, you definitely have me thinking. I guess we will see if AF shows tomorrow!

My Ovulation Chart

• I may give this a try..When do you start CD1?
    kemcc13 said:
    @Sarah77361‌ I was a little intimidated by temping, but the Fertility Friend (FF) website and phone app make it so easy. It took me a few months to get into the habit, but now it really is second nature and it gives you incredible insight to your cycles. Check the free tutorials on FF as well. Super helpful.

My Ovulation Chart

• I got a false positive on what I thought was a Wondfo a few days ago, also at 10 dpo. I did some research and discovered that the tests, which I ordered off Amazon, came from an unauthorized vendor and weren't real Wondfos. 

I'm so sorry this happened to you, too. I was crushed. I won't be using Wondfos, fake or otherwise, ever again. The great price isn't worth the risk of another disappointment like that.
    Me: 30  DH: 45
    Married: 7/19/2014
    TTC #1 since 8/2014
    BFP 1/10/15 EDD 9/22/15

BabyFruit Ticker
    Sept. '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance
  • Well AF showed this morning. So on to the next cycle. Going to give temping a try. I created an account this morning. Going to run out on my lunch break and try to buy a basal body thermometer. This is all new to me so I'm going to try and do some research and see I can figure this out!!

My Ovulation Chart

• Sorry to hear about your false positive :(  Good luck with starting the temping!  I'm going off BCP at the end of my current pack and plan to start temping then - I'm hoping it becomes second nature soon!

Somewhat related: I had ordered OPK and pregnancy tests in a pack from a website recommended to me, early-pregnancy-tests.com.  They are "BFP" brand and are pink line strips - I got 25 OPK strips and 10 HPT strips for $25.  Not sure how great they are - lots of good reviews on the website but I haven't used them yet.  Anyone have experience with them?  Might be an alternative to the maybe-fake Wondfos.

Me: 33  DH: 39  Married 5/17/14
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Formerly known as JennyH81

DH has one son (11) from prior marriage
    Baby Girl Pug is my furbaby

Come peek in my ute!

• JennyH81 said:

Sorry to hear about your false positive :(  Good luck with starting the temping!  I'm going off BCP at the end of my current pack and plan to start temping then - I'm hoping it becomes second nature soon!

Somewhat related: I had ordered OPK and pregnancy tests in a pack from a website recommended to me, early-pregnancy-tests.com.  They are "BFP" brand and are pink line strips - I got 25 OPK strips and 10 HPT strips for $25.  Not sure how great they are - lots of good reviews on the website but I haven't used them yet.  Anyone have experience with them?  Might be an alternative to the maybe-fake Wondfos.

Just an FYI that you can start temping while still on BCPs. I'd recommend it at least just to get in the habit of doing it! :)
    True - I do need to get used to doing it - don't want to be inconsistent once it starts to matter!

TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Come peek in my ute!

• JennyH81 said:

I wonder if BFP stands for big fat positive, too? Those cheeky marketers ... ;;)

I wound up with the fake Wondfos and since we have PayFlex money to use up, I've just been grabbing both store and name brands tests at Target. The store brand is pretty cheap for the OPK strips, though not as cheap as the 50pks on Amazon. 
    BabyGaga
  • CFearsy said:
    JennyH81 said:

Sorry to hear about your false positive :(  Good luck with starting the temping!  I'm going off BCP at the end of my current pack and plan to start temping then - I'm hoping it becomes second nature soon!

@JennyH81, I've been ordering from this website since March. They just recently changed their product (used to be a green handle test without the obnoxious BFP wrapper). This is the first cycle I've used them and receive three (read: THREE) entire days of solid positives. With the previous tests, I used to get one positive test per cycle, not even multiple per day and even then it was borderline positive.

I'm interested to know how these work out for you. You can PM me if you don't mind!

@CFearsy: I'll def let you know how they work out for me!  I just went off the pill today (eeps!) and I'm waiting till I get a first period to start using the OPK strips, so it will probably not be till late January/February before I see how they work out.   

TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Come peek in my ute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"