Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

getting the energy out

Now that the weather is gross for many of us, how are you making sure your kids expend enough energy during the day?

Used to be that DD would get two trips to the playground at daycare, and then if she was really energetic after I picked her up, we could run in the yard or go to the playground. Now it's always raining or snowing or freezing (which I would take her out into anyway if it were dry, but getting her to wear a coat is another battle for another thread), and outside time is hard to come by. She's having a hard time winding down and falling asleep, and waking up super early. Bedtime is 8:15-8:30, and she's usually awake by 5:30. 6 if I'm really lucky. 1.5-2hr nap at daycare.

I think she's just not tired enough at the end of the day when we're trying to get her down for the night. I need some new ideas for wearing her out in the evenings!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: getting the energy out

• Options
    We have a playroom with all their toys and dogs to play with. We try regularly to have outtings to the indoor skating rink, the pool etc when time and budget allows
  • Options
    Like some of the PP we also walk the Mall, have a Museum membership and despite living in an apartment we also have an enclosed trampoline, tricycles and foot to floor cars and a slide indoors.. yeah  it looks like Toys R Us in here most days ...don't ask LOL 

Cheap alternatives .. get a big bag of balloons.. my kid loves to chase them and bat them around with us.  Walmart have some really cheap little traffic cones.. like $3 for a pack of 4 .. make them into a game.  Our guy makes a race course for his car and chases his dad around the front room.

I feel for you, it's tough finding  stuff to do at home, indoors to burn off energy safely at this age.  

One thing you might be interested in is a program called Bo on the Go if you have Netflix.. it encourages kids to excercise as part of the program.  Works great for wearing our lil guy out before bed and they learn stuff too lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"