August 2012 Moms

Am I the last to potty train?

We FINALLY got around to getting DS potty-trained last weekend.

This week he wore underpants under his diaper Monday at daycare, and only underpants since then. (Diaper for nap & bedtime.)
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Am I the last to potty train?

• uhhhhh, no. DS is not potty trained at all. he tells us when he's pooping/peeing, but only as it is already happening. :P

i was going to ask his daycare about PT after the holidays. i know they like to do it during the winter since there isn't the distraction of playing outside. i'm hoping that if there are several kids working on it at once at DC, that they can peer pressure him into it. ;)
  • Ha, no. My kid is absolutely no where near being ready to potty train. In pretty sure he's going to college in diapers

This for us too. She's in no way interested. She loves to sit on the potty and tear off toilet paper. But go pee pee ACTUALLY IN the potty? No way!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No not last. We use the potty for a lot but still rock the diaper.

This is us. Daycare wants to potty train after the holidays are over, which I'm good with, but we haven't been pushing the subject with her.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • DS has peed on the potty a handful of times and pooped once. He is just not interested at this time.

Anniversary
  • DS is not ready yet. He tells us when he poops and he sits on the potty at every diaper change at daycare but he's just not there yet. And with the new baby, we're not pushing it. Although santa is bringing him big boy undies.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• You will be FAR from the last!  These kids aren't even 2.5 yet.  DD isn't ready either.  My goal is no swim diapers this summer :).  DS was 34 months when he PT'd.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I feel like we're going to be the last! DS won't tell us when he goes, and he will sit around in it until we find out by smelling it :(

The only time he tells us "poop" is when he farts. when he's in the bathtub. ugh not even close buddy...
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • DD has been using the potty casually for months and she sits on it every two hours at daycare, but has only in the past couple of weeks asked to use it when she needed to pee (as opposed to when someone else went to the bathroom or as a bedtime postponement trick).

She refuses to poop on the potty, though she has finally started telling us when she poops (she has no poopy face at all). She's on winter break from day care between Christmas and new year and we're thinking we might go buy big girl underpants and start trying during the day.
  • I think DD is close to being ready.  She sits on the potty at DC at every diaper change and usually pees on the potty every time (they do it every 2 hours).  She'll sit and pee on the potty at home in the morning and before bath, and before bed.  She'll tell me if she has to pee and even poop.  But it's only IF SHE WANTS TO, its not all the time.  Even though she'll pee at those "scheduled times" she usually has pee in her diaper too.  And on weekends, I try to have her sit on the potty at the same "scheduled times" as her diaper changes at school, but she fights me to change her diaper.  So frustrating.  So I try not to make a big deal of it.  She's been super interested in poop recenlty.  Like, so interested that I am afraid that she's forcing poops out in the potty.  For example, she'll poop 3-4 times in one day.  It's like she WANTS to poop, and doesn't really need to poop.  She's also interested in our underwear. And wants to wear underwear!

I'd probably "push" the whole potty thing more, but I am also trying to wean, so I don't want to force two big changes on her at once.  Although at this rate (and the lack of progress I've had with weaning) maybe I should potty train and then wean later!  LOL!

I know at school they wanted to start focusing more on potty training.  I'll have to talk to the teacher to see what that is all about.  Just so we can be consistant.  I'm not a big fan of the pull ups since they are just as absorbant as diapers.  They would be easier to put on, but I don't think they would help train since the child can't feel the wetness.  KWIM???

I'm surprised that many of you said that school likes to train in the winter since they are not distracted by playing outside.  I always heard it was easier to train in the summer since you can just leave your kids halk naked while they are training!  LOL!

I thought of having santa bring her panties, but I decided to wait until after the excitement of the holidays and then take her out and let her pick out her own underwear when the time is right.

Like most things, we're taking our time.  I tend to be more on the "potty learning" side of the fense as opposed to "potty training".

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh, and to clarify on my comment about "potty learning" versus "potty training" ... I realized that is a Montessori term (I think?)  I'm not a Montessori mom, although i do think there are some interesting Montessori activities.  We do disposable diapers, kid sized potty, potty sticker chart, etc.  I just meant that we are taking it at DD's pace, and at this time, I'm really not interested in trying one of those "potty train in a weekend" type systems.  Although a system like that might work a month or two from now! 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• She was doing so well and then when Thomas was born she reverted and wanted to be changed like the baby.  

She is doing better now.   She almost always goes to the potty at DC but at home she is just lazy I tell you.  

Funny story - She said she had to go poop so in the bathroom she went.   She came out fully clothed and exclaimed she had pooped in the potty!   SO went to check and sure enough she had.   I ask her if she wiped her butt . . .  she got a look of horror on her face and looked at SO and said change me pleeeeeeeeeeeease.   She then came out with fresh big girl pants on and let me know she has a new pair on becuase her other ones had SKIDMARKS!   I died . . .

BabyFruit Ticker

• No.  Not even on the radar yet.  When I ask if he pooped he says nope even though there's no denying he did.  He has sat on the potty but he's more interested in seeing how many toys he can fit in the bowl instead.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No way!! We are expecting #3 in 3 weeks and I refuse to try until then lol

BabyFruit Ticker

• Nope. My DS hates the potty now.
  • abbyful said:
    We FINALLY got around to getting DS potty-trained last weekend. This week he wore underpants under his diaper Monday at daycare, and only underpants since then. (Diaper for nap & bedtime.)

@abbyful - I'm just curious why the underwear under the diaper (or pull up)?  Is this so that he felt the wetness and knew he needed to be changed (while still conatining all the pee in the diaper)?

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    EDD 10/15/16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Glad to see I'm not the only one WAAAY far from training!
  • My DD will be three 8/16 and is refusing we have been trying on and off for about 6 months and no luck!! I'm at my wits end she will sit on the potty for what seems like an eternity and stand up and pee on the floor next to the potty! I've tried panties with a pantie liner, just panties, potty in a convenient location, sitting every 30 mins... I need help
  • Sometimes the more you push to have them go on the potty the more they resist. Let your daughter become interested on her own. My daughter will pee on the potty but still poops her pants. There is a lot of physical/emotional development that needs to occur. Good luck!