February 2014 Moms

UO

In the name of basic humanity, what do you have today?
F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: UO

• I do not find Blake Shelton attractive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure if this is an UO on here but with baby names I LOVE matching names (especially with twins) and patterns with sibling names.

I need to see some examples before I decide if I agree or disagree with you ...
    I'm assuming things like Faith and Hope for twins?
  • Also, I'm apparently just going to tag on to everyone else's UOs today rather than come up with my own. :)

But that's how I usually roll...
  • @elf828 I actually ugly cried when I saw the preview for the new Annie. And not in a good way... I said "but she doesn't have red hair" and DS1 was like whatever mom with a major eye roll.

• I have a santa related opinion (no idea if it's unpopular) but we do santa EXCEPT I never say it's for "good kids" just that santa brings presents.  It feels contrary to my parenting philosophy to bribe my kid into good behavior via santa.  I like the idea of him to enjoying a magical altruistic figure who brings presents simply because.  I feel it better emulates the history of St Nicolas and the spirit of generosity that is central to our Christmas celebrations. We give because it's nice to do and it's a way to show people we care about them, not because they were "good".

Unsurprisingly, we don't do that stupid elf. Partially because it creeps me out. And I'm lazy. 

I couldn't care less whether other people do the santa thing, and laugh/roll my eyes at their "zomgs santa is all LIES!!!" ridiculousness.  Hope they don't fall off that high horse.

imageimage
  • I'm fine with people not doing Santa, but I'm probably going to be pissed if your kid ruins the fun for my kid.
    Exactly! Don't ruin my child's magical dreams.
    I'm totally rolling my eyes at this.

Sooner or later, your kid will learn Santa isn't real.  It's not a life ruining experience people.  And if it is, you've got waaaay bigger problems than the Buddhist neighbor's kid saying there's no santa.

imageimage
  • But it's not as though these kids are thinking "mwuahaha I'm going to ruin this 5yr old life!!!" They, for whatever reason, don't believe and are often just being truthful about their understanding of the world.

Why isn't the onus on you/your kid to not have your kid ruin the Jewish kid's holiday by not talking about Santa? How do you think little kids whose parents don't participate because it's not part of their cultural celebration feel when they are told good boys/girls get presents from Santa and they've never once received a gift from Santa? 

imageimage
  • Mamosey said:
    I've been lurking on Aug15. Those badges that say "I went natural" or "EBF" annoy me. I don't think anyone has them here, but I find them super sanctimommy.
    A FB mom's group I'm in is obsessed with mentioning that they're EBF, even in completely unrelated posts. As someone who had to supplement early and had a baby who struggled with weight gain, the need to drop the "E" annoys the crap out of me. My issue, not theirs, but still... that's apparently my UO, at least for that group!
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • I never believed in Santa. My mom tried to get me to believe but I just thought it was impossible even at a young age. 

I'm not sure if I told my friends he wasn't real but don't remember any arguments with them or anything. Maybe I ruined it for people but I definitely didn't mean to do so. 

I did argue with my mom about it though. I remember the news people saying that Santa was tracked over Australia or something and I looked at her and said, "Really, they're in on this too?" 
  • The girls clothes from the Annie movie at Target are super cute. I want to buy DD1 all of them.

I want to get DD the jacket so bad, but it's too big and we live in Florida.
  • Another holiday related UO:

I have absolutely no desire to have it just be me, DH, and LO on Christmas morning. I can't actually picture that scenario, and I don't want to. I want to spend my Christmas morning with lots of family around.
  • my UO is that this UO thread is bringing down my holiday cheer. 

and i +1 @$hell about not wanting it to be just us three on christmas morning. 
    well be saving our presents for the afternoon when the whole family comes over. andplusalso i plan on making a huge christmas breakfast and i will want to take a morning nap with LO after breakfast :D

• edited December 2014
    and my UO is probably a FFTC but i don't care because i still can't tell the difference half the time 

• Cheese Popcorn & Caramel Popcorn TOGETHER is a party in my mouth 

• I guess my uo is I think nearly 3 pages of analyzation of Santa and how to wish someone a happy xyz holiday are really boring.

Sorry guys :bz

Sorry we couldn't provide better entertainment?
  • Karlamo said:

No to twin rhyming names. My older identical twin sisters........Tina and Kena.

And no to Rocky.

I didn't know Kena was a name.
  • MH has an aunt and uncle who are twins... Ellen and Allen.

I'm not a fan, but my dad was making fun of us... We had Hayleigh, now Kinleigh... He was trying to guess our next name (Stanley, etc). Kinleigh is to honor Hayleigh... Our contending names for future babies are totally different.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• I guess my uo is I think nearly 3 pages of analyzation of Santa and how to wish someone a happy xyz holiday are really boring. Sorry guys :bz
    Sorry we couldn't provide better entertainment?
    Is this news to you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"