September 2014 Moms

She took the bottle but.....

After EBF, we've been teaching LO to take the bottle and finally found one she seems to like and will drink from.  BUT, she won't really EAT, she just takes an ounce to take the edge off, then refuses it.  Anyone else have this issue?  Does it mean I haven't really found a good bottle for her?  Do we just need to wait it out another couple weeks?  Any tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: She took the bottle but.....

• I've been mobile bumping since LO arrived, so I didn't realize my siggy showed I was 53 weeks preggo!  The horror!  Working on updating that...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DH has been gradually upping the amount in the bottle.  I had him give LO a bottle with just an ounce every hour and then he started increasing the amount and spacing out the feedings.  It takes time but they adjust.
  • Loading the player...
  • If mom is trying it wont work because she wants the boob but if someone else is then u may need to leave so the baby will eat. As long as they r taking it u are fine. Breastfeed when ur home and then let them bottle feed when ur gone. Baby will get the hang of it
  • Thank you all for the encouragement! I've been back to work for 3 weeks, though mostly working from home. She's spent two days with daddy and three with the sitter, so I've been away from her while the bottle was offered.
    I guess we just keep trying and wait her out.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"