Adoption
Options

Sorry I've been MIA again!

Our class trainer left our county's DSS and apparently all of our work done during the eight weeks of classes we did has been misplaced. Our CW is just now letting us know. Weeks before Christmas! We have a ton of questions to fill out again and turn in then we will hopefully be on the road to being approved. Sorry for the vent and being MIA. I feel like being at a stand still and being so frustrated about it has made me not feel like talking about adoption lately. We are ten months in and our application still hadn't been approved because of the displacement of all our hard work. Thanks for listening and I hope everyone is doing well!
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: Sorry I've been MIA again!

• Options
    I'm so sorry! Paperwork sucks
  • Options
    Thank you!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!!! Paperwork itself sucks and to have to do it again, sucks even more. :( 
    January 2014--Picked Agency, had informational Meeting and turned in Application
    June      2014--Started our Home Study (all paperwork &fingerprinting that ensued)
    August  2014--Finished our Home Study and Officially Waiting

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    How incompetent! I would be so aggravated, grrrr.
    10/27/07
  • Options
    OMG I would be extremely frustrated!!!  I don't blame you for not feeling optimistic or wanting to think about the adoption process right now.  I have zero tolerance for incompetence, especially at the expense of any vulnerable population.  I wonder how many children will ultimately be effected by this huge error?  Like if they lost your paper work then they probably did it to others.  Thank you for sharing this vent post, because selfishly it lets me know that we need to ensure that we keep copies of everything!  I'm sorry you are dealing with this.  Have a glass or two of wine.

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

• Options
    I contacted her supervisor and the head of the department and all the sudden she is going to go through our paperwork and "will most likely be able to answer the questions from there"..... Interesting! She is going to leet us know how much she can answer on Monday. We'll see. Thanks for all your support everyone. You are all so wonderful!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"