Chit Chat
Options

Maternity Photo sessions?

HI, I'm a lurker poking my head in for some advice...any tips appreciated re: bump pics. 

• Is there a good time frame during gestation to schedule the shoot? 

• any best practices for good results?
Thank you!

My heart is as open as the sky.
Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Maternity Photo sessions?

• Options

I shoot my moms between weeks 32 and 37 so they're the most comfortable. Those last 2-3 weeks of pregnancy S U C K. Ankles start to swell, BH CTX come on, it's just a general suckfest of uncomfortableness. I shoot all natural light, mostly outdoor sessions, but if a mom wants I will come to their home and take some photos of her (and siblings) in the home, in the nursery etc. I like my moms to have a couple outfits ready- something form fitting to really show off that bump; knits are good for this and then something softer and more flowing. I do NOT use maternity gowns- I don't shoot moms in their underpants. Make sure the mom can take breaks especially if you're nearer the 36-38w mark. Make sure to remind her to bring lots of water along- or have water handy for her. Like everything else photography related, you need to find what works for you with regard to style. Are you looking for someone to take your photos or are you taking photos for someone else?

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am thinking of my own Maternity photos.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, then the very most important thing you're going to want to do, is find someone who photographs in a style you love. Look around your area, there are millions of photographers. 

Make lists about things you see on FB pages, in portfolios, on websites etc; things you love, things you hate (for me, that's any selective coloring and flash/ shadows) and try to find someone whose work reflects what you're looking for. I would NOT shoot my own maternity photos, working with a tripod, shutter release, focus problems... blech. We aren't allowed to recommend anyone or suggest our own businesses, so I can't really help you find a place to start. 
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you, @faerystargazer!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"