Baby Showers

Baby Name on shower invite?

Has anyone ever seen or done this? I was searching for invites with a line for the baby's name and haven't seen any. TIA

My heart is as open as the sky.
Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Name on shower invite?

• You could just order custom invites and add a line to include baby's name.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Honestly, I've never seen it.
  • Loading the player...
  • sschwege said:

Honestly, I've never seen it.

Same here. I've seen Baby Lastname but never the first. Normally the babies name, if chosen, is spread by word of mouth. I'm sure the hostess can custom order an invite if you want the name to be included.
  • Yes, with my DD1 the hostess put her name in the invite. The only personalized thing at the shower was the cake... No personalized gifts.
  • My brother design my invites and put Baby G (for last name). I'm not sure about standard invites. Doesn't seem terribly strange to put it on there though. 
  • I would never do this, you will end up with so many personalized gifts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If it isn't monogrammed, is it really even yours?
    I know I love-titted, but I needed to say, ILY for this.

OP, you might end up getting more personalized stuff than you would normally. But, as someone who loves monograms, that's not a bad thing to me.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've not seen many, but they exist.  I agree with the PPs who said they're probably done through a custom website.  FWIW my sister made the shower invitations for mine and they had DD's name on them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • we love the monograms!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aditigirl said:

Our host didn't do it but she did put "Welcome Baby Cora!" On the cake.

This is how I'm doing my SIL'S shower. I think my mom did put the name on the invite for my shower. oh yes she did because I got personalized things I love.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"