October 2013 Moms
Options

day care teachers: holiday gifts/tips?

Are you getting your lo's teachers anything? Dd has two very sweet younger ladies as teachers. I'd like to get them something but I'm not sure what? What are you doing? I know we have some previous DC teachers here. Any suggestions?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: day care teachers: holiday gifts/tips?

• Options
    Can I piggyback off your question, deedee? I got my nanny a nice gift, but she recently relayed they are strapped for cash. Should I return the gift and give her a bigger Christmas bonus? I'm leaning towards a gift and a bonus, I want her to have something she normally would get herself, but I dunno.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been wondering this too, and not sure how to handle it. DD has 1 main teacher, but there are also several other helpers. I don't really know their names though. Do I just get her main teacher something?

I was thinking of getting some bath and body works/candle stuff, but then I realized that's probably not that helpful and who knows if they're allergic/like the scent I pick. Her teacher is pregnant and I don't think they have much money, so I'm thinking about getting her a $15-$20 gift card to Walmart or Target. She can then get anything she needs. I may also think about doing one of those brownie/cookies mixes in a jar things to go along with it.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

As a former teacher gift cards are always best.  To stores/websites where they can buy teacher related things or things for themselves.  Amazon, Target etc.  A restaurant card or movie card is good too.  You wouldn't believe the amount of candles, coffee mugs, worlds best teacher plaques that one can aquire after a few years of teaching!

Of course, nothing is expected and anything is nice.  But that sweatshirt with everyone in the classes handprints on it.  Please no!

• Options
    DS has 4 teachers that he interacts with daily. I'm doing $15 gift cards for each teacher and thank you note. No fancy packaging here!
  • Options
    O's teachers are getting $10 GC to Target and the teacher who comes to the house and school I got her a $40gc to kohls because she mentioned she shops there.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    We're doing $20 gift cards to Target for LOs two teachers and some Christmas candy. She only goes part-time, so I'm hoping this is an appropriate gift.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I'm not sure. LO has a primary teacher and about 6 randoms, so I was planning to get something I can leave in the break room for everyone. I don't know how I'd get a gift to just his primary. #avoidalltheawkward
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hlb622 said:
    Hmmm, I'm not sure. LO has a primary teacher and about 6 randoms, so I was planning to get something I can leave in the break room for everyone. I don't know how I'd get a gift to just his primary. #avoidalltheawkward
    For teacher appreciation day I did something similar.  I brought in a platter of bagels and cream cheese because dd sometimes has different aids in her class and like you, I wanted to avoid the awkwardness.

• Options
    ElleStaxx said:
    I put gift cards in mason jars with candy. I am sending a cookie tray for the front desk girls because they are always so sweet.
    I really like the mason jar idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"