Single Parents
Options

randoms thread

Things have been slow so i thought we could combine all the daily threads into a giant randoms thread(again).

I had an awesome day at work today. Our big boss was in the salon today. She stopped me while i was clocking in. She told me she was glad i chose regis because her and manager k were proud of me because im hitting and surpassing all the goals they set for me.
Also i had a color client at work tonight. I got to do a fun color on her and she was a lot of fun. Shes planning on comming back to me because she felt like i understood her and what she wants for her hair.
My mom and i made kringlers amd pepernoi on my days off from work. B wasnt so sure of the pepernoi. Its hard to chew, but he loved the kringlers and kept stealing them from my mom and i. Here is a picture of him eating one while in his jammies.
I hung out with bf last sunday. He ordered himself a pizza and i ate a salad. To understand why this is worth mentioning you must understand my bf is a picky eater who will not eat any veggies and hates when i eat them. Because im SUPER mature about it, this is what i looked like eating my salad.

Also, i heard from a(bs sm) bd was ordered into couceling for ptsd. He already quit going and from what a told me his life is spiraling downward fast. And this is how i feel about it.
I really want bd to get some help but i know he wont. A wants me to give a statement to the.courts that because bd isnt in counceling hes.an unfit father. I dont really want to do this as i dont know him anymore and i dont want to take his kids away from him.

This about sums up where im at with a these days.

Re: randoms thread

• Options
    ST3WDST3WD member
    edited December 2014
    @MinnesotaMomma91 You did it again, picking the right gifs. You rock. :D 
    Yay for work being awesome!! What color did she want? 
    I don't know how you should handle your BD drama. I would probably stay as out of it as much as possible. I won't say something bad/incriminating about another person unless I have evidence, not just a feeling. If you guys aren't communicating, it's more heresy and opinion than fact. I don't like karmic backlash. so I tend to err on the side of caution. 

I'll go ahead and keep the ball rolling:

Randoms - I'm up in the MOTN with heartburn. Perfect time to jam to some Pandora and catch up on TB, right? 
    Also, if anyone wants a kitten, they're still free, spayed, shotted, and in need of a home. My allergies would thank you. 

Monday Career Check-in/MEMES yo - I was all set to get started with my phlembotomy program for spring semester until I found out that they can't/won't split the classes between in room and online. I'm due before spring break and will need at least some recovery time, so I have to wait for fall semester. (I'm okay with that since it gives me time with LO and to find a job.) 

I had a bad dream though that the state took away all funding for me and I was denied entrance. I know it's not real, but I'm still upset and nervous. Does anyone have any tips for things to add to my checklist to make sure school happens? I just want my bases covered. 

And finally, I found this gem on FB. Commence the memeage!

Happy Monday, ladies!! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    @St3wd she wanted a bright cherry red with a natural brown peakaboo(because her bf wanted to see her with brown hair) and a platinum blonde streak in the front. I suggested we make her peakaboo slightly asymetrical and she loved it.

I told a that im staying out of it. Because at the end of the day a is no more emotionally stable then bd, all i told her was that no, i was staying uninvolved.

Yay for motn pandora but boo the heartburn!

I dont know really what to tell you about school. Is there a guidance counselor you can keep in touch with and have keep you.up to date? I had a 'career coach' re:guidance counselor who i was supposed to keep in contact with while i was on leave.

I woke up this morning at 15 to ten thinking i was going to be late to work and then i remembered i work three to nine tonight.

The answer to this question is definitley yes today... and every day.

Ohhh forgot to brag my best friend forever has a shopping problem, so once a year she does a mass clean out of her closet. Whats tight on her looks fashionably slouchy on me. I just got ten new shirts for work on sunday for free.

I feel like i can start getting rid of some.clothes now. For the last couple years ive been stuck in a place where clothes are either not mom/Stylist appropriate or they are old school marm clothes. So i feel like im finding my style.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MinnesotaMomma91 Me, I'll take one. :)

That color sounds super intense. The craziest I've gone is an all-over bubblegum pink that lasted a week? Maybe? haha 
    I'm provided a counselor at school who I already bug the shit out of, but it is a community college. They've proven unreliable before. :-S

New clothes?? :D
    I lovelovelove new clothes. 

My style however? 

I got an extra 2 hours of sleep after laying back down at 6am. It. Was. Glorious.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Coffee here!!

I think I have a sinus infection so I can't sleep.  Have to wait until I get out of work today to see if I can find a "doc in the box" (as my mom called it).

I'm working on myself to get over this hump, I've been stuck at 214lbs for what seems like an eternity, but has really only been a couple of months.  But, I've also been slow going, so... that makes sense... LOL

Today, we had a catered lunch for a co-workers 25th anniversary, and as I waited in line for my turn to grab a plate and fill it... I wished I could do this:

And when I see my friends who are sticks talking about dieting, all I can think about is this:

I'm super hungry all the time, its so annoying.

I have some SUPER cute pictures I want to AW of DD but I'm at work and can't upload them at the moment, they're on my phone.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hope you feel etter soon @20thirteen. I cant wait to see cute pics of h. I am the annoying skinny person who wants to lose 3 pounds.

I really dont want to go to work today. I just want to be lazy. And yet because im adult im going to get up get dressed and go to work.

Coffee all around! Im getting carribou on my break at work
  • Options
    Oh, feel better @20thirteen! Being sick is never fun. :( 

@ontherock2012 I'm doing the independent program. First semester is 10 hours in class, second is 15 lab hours, and then graduation/job placement. I'm shooting for the stars and hope I can maybe go work for someone like St.Jude by my 25th birthday. :D

I just caught the 17 year old I live with smoking. *sigh* I told her mom discreetly and she said she'll handle it, but I don't know how effective it'll be. She turns 18 in February, and I remember being that age. 
    Confession: I considered taking them away from her, but the only reason it crossed my mind is I wanted one.really.freaking.bad. 

I'm going to be a great mom. (She said sarcastically.)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @St3wd its hard craving a cigarette while pregnant. But stay strong you can do it.

I had the worst night at work! I had one client from 4:15 to 9. She wanted grey hair(yes on purpose) she had black amd carmel red hair. Myself amd another stylist told her in would be a process and she wouldnt have the hair she wanted in one service. I spend all night on her fucking hair and then at the end she fucking hates it because it wasnt "what she wanted"

Myself and another stylist told you it wont happen today. Thankfully my manager had come in. She discounted the chicks service and gave her free shampoo and is giving her a free redo. But this chick is still but hurt she was told this wont happen right away.

She literally brought in a picture of a white woman who more likely then not naturally has very light hair and even she went through a process. I am just so fruatrated and dont want to do her redo. Her hair is going to be a shit show and i dont want to do her redo. This is how i feel about my night.
  • Options
    Yikes. I'm sorry @minnesotamomma91 that's rough. I hate dumb bitches that don't understand that there is a process/commitment to that kind of hairstyle and get mad when it's not perfect the first time around. I wish you could wear this on a shirt next time she comes in:

• Options

Yikes. I'm sorry @minnesotamomma91 that's rough. I hate dumb bitches that don't understand that there is a process/commitment to that kind of hairstyle and get mad when it's not perfect the first time around. I wish you could wear this on a shirt next time she comes in:

I need that shirt. Because i am so done with stupid people. This chick pulled this one on my manager.

"Well when i went blonde they did it all at once." No they didnt you nit-wit. Im sure there was a lot of lightner and toner involved and that you didnt have it done at regis.

"Well is the free redo going to cost me more money?" No you fucking moron iti a free fucking redo. And i hate you, you ignorant teenager.

Btw i hate pinterest it gives girls unrealistic color expectations. And i thought disney was bad at that.
  • Options
    I remember trying to bleach a friend's hair because she wanted to be blonde... She has jet black hair and after two attempts, she was still orange. She was so mad and asked me how come mine came out better. and all I could say is my hair is so much lighter than yours, idiot.
  • Options

I remember trying to bleach a friend's hair because she wanted to be blonde... She has jet black hair and after two attempts, she was still orange. She was so mad and asked me how come mine came out better. and all I could say is my hair is so much lighter than yours, idiot.

That and you needed a toner to tone it out. People with dark brown to jet black hair usually have more orange red under tones.

Youd have had to tone it out using a ash blue color. Or you needed a higher develouper. This is why people should just go see a stylist. We are trained to do these things.

When i go lighter from my dark colors my hair pulls brassy orange. When i lighten my hair from my natural medium brown i pull a golden blonde.

And i apologize for the long color lesson lecture i just gave you.
  • Options
    We were in middle school, lol, no way our parents would take us to a stylist haha
  • Options
    Haha my mom wouldnt let me decolorize my hair. Only color it
  • Options
    @MinnesotaMomma91 Booooooooooo, that whore! Maybe have a friend schedule an appointment for half an hour before she's coming back and be "working with a client" when she comes in? 
    People get too worked up when you tell them you can't do something like their favorite movie stars. Are you paying 2 grand to have this done? Didn't think so. Sit down, shut up, and accept what the trained professional is telling you. 

Annnnnnnnd I would like to AW some maternity shots a friend took to expand her portfolio. She needs to work on her angles, but she got some really good ones for a novice. :D

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"