Multiples

Bassinet, Pack n Play, needed ????

I have two rock n plays that I planned on sing in the bedroom.  I want to keep the bedroom temporary and transition them to cribs within a month or two.  Will I be ok with the rock n play?  I don't have a pack n play or bassinet and I wasn't planning on getting them.  
TTC since May/June 2012 
Sept 2013 testing:
SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image image
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bassinet, Pack n Play, needed ????

• cls78cls78 member
    edited December 2014
    This is what I got.  It has the option to auto rock and vibrate too.  

TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We used rock n plays exclusively for 6-7mo. No bassinet and no pack n play. We had a bare bones RNP and we liked them a lot.

We also had bouncers for the main floor. They didn't really sleep in those after the exited the sleepy NB stage.

• Loading the player...
  • Good to hear!  I don't want to buy extra if I don't have to and really wanted to use them in the bedroom.  We plan on taking them downstairs with us during the day too since we don't have bouncers.  I did get one gently used swing, but I am trying to avoid cluttering the house with a bunch of different things that do similar things! 
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I just got the auto rock n play for my ds. He loves it. We were having to rock him for 1/2 hr+ so I decided we needed that one. It's amazing. He turn on the rocking, vibrating and music, he sleeps so well like that.

For dd she prefers to sleep flat so we do hae a pack n play for her. I think right now don't buy anything else. You can always go out and buy something if you discover that you need it.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • We ended up with PNPs for when we travel. We bought them right before our first trip at 7 months. We also use one during the day if I need to use the bathroom.
    photo 334932ce-4f16-4b35-8d49-b4c5beb158c9.jpg

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The RNPs worked great for the most part - they didn't like the Arm's Reach co-sleeper or bassinet, or PNP with bassinet attachment - we had a bit of everything.  I think the RNP made them feel cuddled and comfy and kept them at a nice incline.  However, I don't know what I would've done with only one swing.  I started with one and quickly had to head back to BRU for a second.  It saved my sanity - sometimes, that was all that would calm them or help them nap.  I transitioned them to cribs with the Ferber method of sleep training out of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins (great book!!!) around 5 1/2 months and they did great.  No real issues, especially with - and I suggest you write this down - after they came out of their Halo Swaddlers - BABY MERLIN'S MAGIC SLEEP SUIT.  I cannot stress how much these helped, I also told other MoMs about it and it saved their sleep.  
    Our family is 5 hours away and I go there at least once a month - have since birth.  The RNPs work when traveling and for awhile, I actually disassembled the cradle swings and brought those with me also.  Now, they sleep in 2 PNPs when we travel - I just leave them at my Mom's house.  
    CONGRATS btw!
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • CaliCarly77CaliCarly77 member
    edited December 2014
    OK - I was like you and didn't want to clutter since we were in a 2 bedroom condo. So here is what we did: We had the twin pack n play set up with the bassinets for the first 2 weeks then moved them to their cribs (we have two mini cribs for space reasons). I finally got Rock n Plays when they were 6 weeks old for the living room (wish I had done that sooner!! Its nice to see their faces, which you can't in the twin pack n play). I never put batteries in ours, they didn't need them to rock (i would sometimes rock them with my feet). 

We stopped using the Rock n Plays at about 6 months. 

I will say, we use the twin pack n play now all the time - they love playing in it for the 30 - 45 minutes while I make dinner (they like being able to hold on and stand up and watch sesame street or just sit in it and play). I also use it all the time when we go to other people's houses as a safe play place or for naps. 

We had two bouncer seats - one is an infant one while the other one is a chair that converts to a child chair - that one is AWESOME, the girls still, to this day, love sitting in it and I used it in their nursery to contain and rock one baby with my foot while I breastfed the other (even though I personally think it is hideous). The other one was kind of a waste - its redundant with the rock in play. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • thanks everybody! I have been in the fence about getting a pack n play, but I am looking at one that has the changer to keep down stairs. Does anyone do the fence play yards? I was thinking of buying that system over pack n play since I can extend it to make it bigger.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• cls78 said:

thanks everybody! I have been in the fence about getting a pack n play, but I am looking at one that has the changer to keep down stairs. Does anyone do the fence play yards? I was thinking of buying that system over pack n play since I can extend it to make it bigger.

We aren't buying a fence play yard since we have a really nice ex-pen from our dogs that we can use for a giant play pen. Sounds odd, but it's the exact same product! (We use it when puppies first join the family...)
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We are on month 5 of sleeping in rock and plays. My boys LOVE them and we love how little space they take up, that they fold up during the day, and that we can bring them in the car on road trips easily. However we have tried to transition them out of the RNP to a flat sleep surface- PNPs in our room- and they hate it. So since we enjoy sleeping, we are sticking with the RNPs a little longer but I kind of wish we had just started out in the crib/PNP so we wouldn't have this difficult transition. I'm thinking in a month they just physically will not fit in the RNP and we/they won't have a choice.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• cls78 said:
    thanks everybody! I have been in the fence about getting a pack n play, but I am looking at one that has the changer to keep down stairs. Does anyone do the fence play yards? I was thinking of buying that system over pack n play since I can extend it to make it bigger.
    We have the pack in play INSIDE the big fence play yard. We actually are using the fence to fence the girls out of the living room. The pack in play is in there because they actually like being in it to stand up in (has something to hold at the right height) and to play in. I am telling you, I really really wanted to keep things minimal but it was a joke. They WILL take over your life and space lol. Its ok - its a slow transition. lol
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • We put them in a crib at night from the beginning, they sleep together in one crib in our room for now. IMO, I would try the crib first, if they can sleep in it fine then you don't have to worry about transitioning down the road. We have a twin PNP downstairs that we got from a consignment shop, and we also have two MamaRoos that we bought second hand. They look great and are a good idea but not sure how much the babies like them, I kind of wish we had gotten something that vibrates as they like to be jiggled!
  • I used a PNP for the first 6-8 weeks in our room.  They shared the PNP.  Then we transitioned to a single crib, then two.  I recommend a flat surface for them to sleep in at night so they get used to that ASAP.  The RNPs are great if someone ends up with reflux, or something, but the angle is very comfy and they may have an issue sleeping flat if they never get that experience.

The second PNP I had, we used as a changing station for the downstairs area.  Once they got too big for it, I passed it on to a friend.  The second PNP we still have and is used for their occasional timeouts until they will sit in a chair and stay. (They hit and push each other, which equals TO in our house).

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"