Late Term and Child Loss
Options

~ Loss Check-In 12/12 ~

Hi ladies, I hope you have been kind to yourselves this week.  

Welcome to the check-in! I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too. 

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 

QOTW: We have sadly welcomed many new loss moms lately.  Does anyone have advice or recommendations for them?  What has been helpful?  Any resources that you would like to share?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                    motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ~ Loss Check-In 12/12 ~

• Options
    At work we have a Christmas tree that we were invited to help decorate by bringing in an ornament.  I brought in a frame ornament with a picture of me and Caroline.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?  
    I am working on eating healthier and continuing to lose weight.  I got ingredients for a healthy dinner that I am going to make in the slow cooker this week and am trying to do more healthy cooking.

QOTW: We have sadly welcomed many new loss moms lately.  Does anyone have advice or recommendations for them?  What has been helpful?  Any resources that you would like to share?  
    I recommend in the beginning to feel what you need to feel and be gentle with yourself and those grieving with you.  Writing has been an amazing way to process my feelings and remember my daughter. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                        motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Farrah626Farrah626 member
    edited December 2014
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?: I went to a support group at my hospital last night. It felt good to share my story and just talk about the loss, but it was also kind of heavy and messed me up today. I can see why they only hold it once a month. What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?: We were asked this in group last night and I thought of one but don't remember it now. Makes it hard to achieve! :) I guess I'd like to try to resolve some of my feelings of anger. I'm not sure where to start with that though. QOTW: We have sadly welcomed many new loss moms lately. Does anyone have advice or recommendations for them? What has been helpful? Any resources that you would like to share?: Unfortunately I'm too new to be able to give advice at this point, but I hope I make enough progress to do that one day. ETA: Sorry about spacing. On the iPad and can't figure out how to fix it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? I made Christmas cards and wrapped gifts for family members and included Nathaniel's name on all of them. I almost included one of the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep pictures on the Christmas card, but couldn't decide on which one and Nathaniel bear was already in most of the pictures on the card so I didn't. (I don't feel bad about that decision at all.)

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Make it through Christmas. I'm feeling overwhelmed right now so I'm not going to take on anything else until after Christmas.

QOTW: We have sadly welcomed many new loss moms lately.  Does anyone have advice or recommendations for them?  What has been helpful?  Any resources that you would like to share? Writing and going to a baby loss support group have both helped me. Also reading blogs from other loss moms and stillstandingmagazing articles (online magazine for infertility, miscarriage, baby, and child loss).

Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    @flutterfly88 does your library participate in inter library loan? Most libraries do. If you look through there you might be able to find a lot more books. 
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    We got through Ava's birthday. It was really difficult but had a lot of people come and celebrate her with us.

Get through the rest of this week and then will be off of work for a week.  All the happy holiday wishes are really hard this year.

Be easy on yourself and be gentle.  Get some rest and try your best to ignore the bad advice and negative comments.  I'm so sorry to see all the new mom's here
  • Options
    Here are some pictures from our celebration of Ava.  All the balloons and cake were paid for by the local grocery store manager, it was an amazing gift.
  • Options
    @Happyin14,  thank you.  I am trying my best, this is a really hard time of year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"