Formula Feeding

BF to FF and poopy diapers look nasty

I've never posted on here before, just done lots of reading so here goes...
My son is 10wks old, and my milk supply just disappeared. I had been pumping at least once a day from 2wks on just to have back up, and started feeding him with a bottle last week and just EP. That only lasted 2 days until I gave up because I wasn't getting enough with the pump. I started mixing breastmilk with formula (Similac Advanced), and upping the amount of formula. His poopy diapers are pretty good on the texture, but the color is kind of greenish...is it just his digestive system getting used to something other than BM or is there a problem???
I have some Earth's Best Organic formula ordered, but it won't be here until next week (the problem with living in rural North Dakota).

Any input would be great...thanks!

Re: BF to FF and poopy diapers look nasty

• My DD has been eating similac advanced since 1 week old. Her poops are dark green. It's from the iron in the formula and completely normal according to pedi!
  • lmimms87 said:

My DD has been eating similac advanced since 1 week old. Her poops are dark green. It's from the iron in the formula and completely normal according to pedi!

Didn't have this issue but would venture to say THIS. have you checked baby poop guides online? That would give you an idea too.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO is on Enfamil supplement with breast milk. My H compares the poop color to jarred pesto sauce! :P

• Thank You everyone!!! 

I have looked at online guides to poop, so I wasn't too worried about it!

Also, I'm planning on not changing formula again...I know it can upset digestion, I just really want him to have Organic if possible.
  • I heard that ff poops can be green due to the iron in them...perfectly normal.

• We use Enfamil and our LO's poop has been green since day one. Sounds like green is the color of formula drinkers everywhere! :D

• Thank you everyone!!!
    He seems well adjusted to the Similac now, and has some green poop and some yellow, so I think that's just how it's going to be! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"