September 2014 Moms

Teething?

my 2 1/2 month old is very fussy and is constantly putting his hand in his mouth as if he tryna scratch an itch. Drooling excessively to the point I have to keep bibs on him. Could he be teething this early?

Re: Teething?

• Yes, my son started early. He will be 3 months tomorrow but has been teething for a couple weeks now. I tried denying it because I didn't think it could happen this early but now I am positive that he is teething.
  • Don't say this! I was under the impression that this didn't start so early and then my friend told me his nephew was cutting two teeth right now, and that kid is only 3 months ahead of us. I'm not ready for teeth yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think my son has been teething for a few weeks now too... Excessive drool and he constantly has his fingers in there... I check everyday waiting for them!
  • I was wondering the same thing if my DS was teething! I couldn't believe that they can get teeth as early as 3 months, it's crazy! https://www.orajel.com/en/Resource-Center/Teething-Relief/When-Do-Babies-Start-Teething
  • I've wondered if DD is teething as well. Same symptoms--- drooling and mouthing her hands a lot. She's not fussy, though, so for now I've chalked it up to her just starting to learn about her hands. When I was working in childcare I'd see babies cutting two or three teeth at four months, so I know it can happen early.

• Wow I had no clue it could start so early. DD drools nonstop and always has her hands in her mouth but doesn't seem too uncomfortable. She'll be 3 months in 2 weeks. How old do they have to be to use baby orajel?
  • Glad to know I'm not Alone!
    Together since: 1/19/09 Married: 3/14/09 Newest addition added: 9/7/14
  • @kaitlinr87‌ Thanks for the heads up. I see it in the baby aisle all the time but haven't actually researched it because I don't think DD is teething yet.
  • I was kind of wondering too LO is 11 weeks excessive drool for weeks now and I can't keep her hands out of her mouth she's irritating them and they're turning red wish she was able to grasp her teethers shed rather chew on her hands than use a pacifier
  • my son's first tooth sprouted a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe it, either! he's had a few rough nights.

do any of you use the amber teething necklace? I understand it's somewhat controversial, but I notice a huge difference when he wears his. if any of you are looking for relief, you could look into it.

• Around month three ur baby finds their hands so hands and everything go in the mouth. Drooling happens cuz saliva increases now and they havent learned how to swallow it yet
  • I had a dream that LO had 4 bottom teeth and 4 top teeth out of the blue. It freaked me out! I'm going to enjoy her gummy smiles as much as I can

• For teething babies: hylands teething tablets. Best thing ever. They dissolve almost instantly under the toungue.
  • For teething babies: hylands teething tablets. Best thing ever. They dissolve almost instantly under the toungue.

Are they for little babies or older?
  • @paloma760‌ I'm not really familiar with the amber but saw some on etsy today. What is controversial about them? Or is just that some people think it's all hype?

Pregnancy Ticker
    lmimms87 said:

For teething babies: hylands teething tablets. Best thing ever. They dissolve almost instantly under the toungue.

Are they for little babies or older?

I use them as SOON as teething starts. Just use finger and hold it under the toungue for about two seconds and then I rub it on the gums. They are tiny.
  • @pbeckaroo35‌ there are a ton of warnings on the necklaces being a choking hazard.

they are very short. my son doesn't even reach up for his. the closure is a screw closure, so very difficult to break, and if it does, there are double knots between each bead to prevent them from scattering. it's recommended that baby only wears the necklace while you can keep your eyes on him.

there's a lot of speculation as to whether or not they actually work. supporters claim that there is some kind of natural occurring oil or something that, when warmed by the baby's body heat, seeps in thru their skin to alleviate any kind of pain/discomfort. but others say body heat isn't enough to release said oils.

I dunno- all I do know is when my son is fussy and chewing on his hands and smacking his lips, I put the necklace on and he's a non-fussy, chewing-on-his-hands-smacking-his-lips, happy baby.

if you do decide to give it a try, I would say avoid etsy. since the popularity of these necklaces, there are a lot of scammers. I would shell out the extra $5-10 for one from a legit retailer. a friend told me if you heat a needle and can push it thru a bead- it's real Amber.

that being said, I purchased mine from craigslist :-/

• @paloma760‌ thanks for the info! The one I saw had the double knots and was an anklet. I liked the idea of it on his ankle and out of the way.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got my DDs amber necklace from inspired by Finn. They have quite a few choices and lengths of necklaces. I started used one 3wks ago and DD is now 12wks old. I agree some people are skeptical but I've seen really great results!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"