March 2014 Moms
Options

Christmas preparedness

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited December 2014 in March 2014 Moms
How ready are you?
(If you don't celebrate Christmas, but celebrate another holiday please answer based on how ready you are for THAT to happen)

Christmas preparedness 75 votes

Fully decorated & done shopping & all wrapped
5% 4 votes
Decorated, but need to get a couple more things then wrap
33% 25 votes
Decorated, but haven't started shopping
8% 6 votes
Some decorations up, still working on it - shopping in progress
20% 15 votes
Some deco - all shopping done
8% 6 votes
Some deco - no shopping done
2% 2 votes
Who has time for decorations and shopping ??
5% 4 votes
We are skipping decorations but I'm working on the gifts
8% 6 votes
I have no idea, what day is it?
8% 6 votes
SS - I'm just being nosey and have no desire to answer
1% 1 vote

Re: Christmas preparedness

• Options
    I am actually done shopping, but no decorations have been put up yet,  , we are out of town every weekend this month and I am fighting getting sick.  So I am too tired when I get home to think about decorating.  but will get to it real soon I hope...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No decorations up, and only some shopping done. Ack! :-/ We're hoping to get decorations/tree this weekend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I were talking last night about this.
    The outside is decorated. DH got the tree and indoor decorations out of storage, so they are in boxes in my living room. It's two weeks til Christmas. He's been insanely busy at work, I've been busy with two little boys.
    As for gifts, we have been buying odds and ends for months and just putting them in DS1's closet. Well, I tidied it up the other day and sorted what was for each kid... There is soooooo much stuff. Plus a pile of stuff for the ILs.

I'd say were done shopping, maybe a couple stocking stuffers to go, but no big deal. However, we need to put up the tree and wrap everything.
    I think any small stuff for the kids will just all go in a box together (neither one will have patience to unwrap gifts). They can unwrap one box and be done.
    Next year we'll wrap each gift for DS1. (Maybe for LO too depending on his skills development).
  • Options
    I'm done decorating but need to wrap gifts. I love wrapping presents!
  • Options

I'm slacking this year. I'm always in the mood for xmas stuff right around Halloween, then by the time black Friday rolls around I'm over it. I did a lot of my shopping but looking at my list I keep seeing things I missed and have to go back to the store for....depressing. run run run.

I need to get the decorations up. I've been looking so forward to showing LO all the lights but I've got so little motivation to actually put anything up this year. DH will get the tree out for me today....I'm having his young cousins over to make cookies on Saturday. I think I'll make a big deal out of 'letting' them decorate the tree...... ;)   cheating?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My side is mostly shopped for. DHs not so much. I think the tree and stockings are the only decorations we are doing this year and that's done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just put up our tree on Sunday.And I thought I had more ornaments but apparently I don't. I've got more than half of my shopping done. That includes my layaway I'll pick up next week. I'll be glad when I'm done. I feel blessed though because last Christmas my DH's income was a lot less. This year we're able to do more for the boys, even though that's not what it's about.
  • Options
    I'm so fucking far behind.  We don't even have a tree yet.  Nor do we own enough ornaments to decorate a full tree.

Fuck. I guess I know what I'm spending this weekend doing.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"