June 2015 Moms
Options

Eat your freaking bagels.

2»

Re: Eat your freaking bagels.

• Options
    Today was supposed to be stay-inside-and-clean day since the weather sucks and kids are getting over being sick....but now we HAVE to go to Panera.

I hate you all.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm. I may have to walk over to Panera for lunch. But you can all keep your cream cheese. Gross. ::ducks for cover::
    imageimageimage

J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

Pregnancy Ticker

Married: 12/08/12
    BFP: 09/21/14
    EDD: 06/04/15

~*~ book nerd forever | Tar Heel '07 ~*~
  • Options
    LadySif said:

I'm dying a little inside reading about these bagels. New rule for post-delivery: NO ONE is allowed to come to the hospital and meet baby without bringing a bagel. I also reserve the right to specify what type of bagel and cream cheese. I may extend the rule to the first month we're home, too. 

This is EXACTLY how I feel about subs. I want one immediately after delivery (I know, I know I can in moderation but I am a whimp). Extra mayo please. I picture it going like this... "Uhhh, no you can't see the baby unless you present me with your sub offering."
  • Options
    suzysurparissuzysurparis member
    edited December 2014
    @NoeliaV it's strange, I dont really eat those things anymore. Maybe because there isnt a good bakery on my commute or around my office. Once you've been here awhile, the crappy croissants just wont do it and don't even get me started on bad bread. But a good place is amazing really. Almond croissants are killer good: buttery, light, with sweet almond spread in the middle (not marzipan, this is different, and better), so caloric it is a meal on it's own.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    That sounds so good right now!

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!
  • Options
    @NoeliaV it's strange, I dont really eat those things anymore. Maybe because there isnt a good bakery on my commute or around my office. Once you've been here awhile, the crappy croissants just wont do it and don't even get me started on bad bread. But a good place is amazing really. Almond croissants are killer good: buttery, light, with sweet almond spread in the middle (not marzipan, this is different, and better), so caloric it is a meal on it's own.
    Stahp. I love almond croissants! 
    And, I get it. It took me awhile to adjust to not-great-coffee after living in New Orleans for several years. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mmm that cinnamon bagel was delicious. Thanks for inspiring the craving!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I will eat all the bagels. I haven't craved a single one this whole pregnancy but it's all on my mind now thanks to the last couple days, and had to run into the Great Canadian Bagel today while shopping and pick up a dozen. 8 being flavours I prefer, 4 that H would like better. I think I'm being rather generous.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

AmberC311 said:

Ok ladies the only way to devour a cinnamon crunch from Panera is with the new York cheese cake cream cheese. Omfg I want to bathe in it it's so good.

Jumping in from page 1....I have never had panera, but now I know I need to find one and try this!!

---WTF quote box

Fair warning: It's not just the bagels...everything is good there.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    Ok now i'm craving a toasted bagel, smothered in butter with bacon in the middle. Gah!
    BACON?! That sounds sooooo amazing. Mmmmmmmmmm

@suzysurparis I'm glad you found cheaper bagels! FX they're good! At least you're coming home soon. Then you can

No joke.... it's better than sex. I'm having it for dinner tonight now, in approximately 1 hour I will be stuffing my face with bagel and bacon! I'm so happy!!
    I hear the food to sex connection. DH brought me a Texas BBQ burger from Carl's Jr yesterday. I'm not kidding--I moaned when I bit into it, it was so good. I may have then compared the burger to the sex we had the previous night . . . at least I said it was the food version, I didn't say it was better!
    Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married: 11/20/10
    Baby #1!
    BFP: 10/2/14 EDD: 6/1/15

January June '15 Siggy Challenge:
    Pinterest Fails

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just indulged in a cinnamon crunch bagel and it was delicious.

And I want another.
    DS1 born 3.15.2011
    DS1 edd 6.21.2015
  • Options
    walshbunniewalshbunnie member
    edited December 2014
    Reading this thread yesterday prompted me to stop at Bagel n Deli after spin class this morning. Steamed salt bagel with turkey, Swiss, veggie cream cheese and lettuce or roast beef with cream cheese on onion bagel?

I couldn't decide so I got both. This thread is truly inspirational.

ETA because words are hard.
  • Options
    Oh no! I haven't had a craving until this post! I haven't had a bagel in 2 years and now I need one DESPERATELY!
  • Options
    @Bubbs119‌ What are these delicious crab fries you speak of? Is this a southern delicacy?
  • Options
    Don't even get me started on slushies. I am picking up sushi next week for my birthday and I guarantee you I won't be leaving the city without a cream soda slurpee in hand.
  • Options
    I cant remember who posted about eating a Bagle with Bacon...But I got it for breakfast this morning and I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! IT is fantastic!!

Married 11/12/2011
    EDD 06/07/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bubbs119 said:
    Just picked up my bagel and soup from panera. Drove past Chickie's and Pete's and now all I want is crab fries and cheese sauce. The bagel doesn't even matter anymore. Is it going to be like this until June? :(

This sounds FANTASTIC!! Now i really want some crab meat...maybe I can convince DH to pick some up for us and I can make us some good old fashioned MD Crab Cakes for dinner one night...yummy

Married 11/12/2011
    EDD 06/07/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

dkleid said:
    I cant remember who posted about eating a Bagle with Bacon...But I got it for breakfast this morning and I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! IT is fantastic!!
    It was @emilyzemily.
    Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married: 11/20/10
    Baby #1!
    BFP: 10/2/14 EDD: 6/1/15

January June '15 Siggy Challenge:
    Pinterest Fails

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bacon on bagels reminds me to inform you that Tim Hortons lets you pick out whatever bagel you want for their breakfast sandwiches. (Eggs, cheese, bacon or ham or sausage). And I love them and am now really wishing the closest Tim's wasn't in the city. Sigh.
  • Options
    Bacon on bagels reminds me to inform you that Tim Hortons lets you pick out whatever bagel you want for their breakfast sandwiches. (Eggs, cheese, bacon or ham or sausage). And I love them and am now really wishing the closest Tim's wasn't in the city. Sigh.
    I so wish we had a Tim Hortons near by. Closest one is 2 hours away. :(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I live in the birthplace of tim hortons (and tim Horton himself). There are 4 within walking distance of my condo.

I don't think I could deal with a 2hr drive for my coffee/bagel/donut fix.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @bubbs119, I live in South Philly and now it will take every ounce of self control I have to not make a pit-stop on my way home!

Crab fries....DROOOOOOOOOL!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bagels from any where but New York are not actually bagels. No.
    Same with Pizza.

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    I love a good bagel thread. I'm team I Eat Bagels For The Cream Cheese. I will eat cream cheese plain, no joke. I dip crackers, chips, veggies in it. It is my most favorite thing ever. That being said, make it cheesecake flavored and I'm in heaven!

Married 10/9/2009

The beautiful Royelle Marie born 2/7/2012

Baby #2 coming June 11, 2015 (Scheduled CS)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    mccall35 said:

I live in the birthplace of tim hortons (and tim Horton himself). There are 4 within walking distance of my condo.

I don't think I could deal with a 2hr drive for my coffee/bagel/donut fix.

Oh, Tim Horton's, how I miss you. It was one of the things I was most looking forward to when I thought I was going to be a Canadian. The closest one to me is about five hours away outside of Charleston, West Virginia. However, you can order the coffee from Amazon! :D
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Options
    Bagels from any where but New York are not actually bagels. No. Same with Pizza.
    One of our local stores has "bagels from the bronx". It is awesome. Still not as good as the real thing, fresh, though.... Whenever I visit my sister in Brooklyn she always giggles at how excited I am for the bagels. Some of us don't have a bodega on every corner, ok?!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    we have plans for lunch at panera tomorrow after a playdate. I'm so getting another cinnamon crunch bagel.
    DS1 born 3.15.2011
    DS1 edd 6.21.2015
  • Options
    I searched high and low for even a crappy bagel at my gate for my flight today. No such luck.

I may have to stop at Panera on my way home.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    When you get to the bagel place and they are already out of Everything bagels...
  • Options
    Mmmmm bagels I miss miss miss my bagels :( We have a Back Bay Bagel company down the street. Soooooo mouth watery good! However, I can eat bacon, so thank you @emilyzemily‌ I will be eating lots of bacon today to make up for the missing bagels in my life! And I will most definitely try a bagel with butter and bacon just as soon as I deliver this baby!!! DH is already instructed to bring me a fudgey chocolate cupcake, now I'm adding that to the list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"