Illinois Babies

Expecting Moms Get Together

Hi ladies,

I am a FTM due at the end of May and was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together to chat about pregnancy/how things are going? I am relatively new to the area and don't have a large social circle in the city - especially not other moms-to-be. This little group could take any shape people need but I'm thinking we can share our experiences and offer additional support to one another throughout pregnancy. I'm also interested in discussing natural parenting, hypno-birthing, prenatal yoga, etc.

Feel free to reply here or email me at: lacash@gmail.com

Best,
Lisa

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Expecting Moms Get Together

• I live in the suburbs surrounding chicago...I'm due in Feburary, I am also a first time mom :)
  • Hello May lady! I'm also due in May, but I live in the suburbs, FTM and also interested in similar things :)
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2014
    Where in the suburbs are you ladies? I don't have a car but if I can get there via CTA I'd happily make the trip :)

I'm also planning to attend the Chicago Bump Club dinner in January if you're interested: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/january-bcbumps-expectant-mom-dinner-whats-up-doc-bcbs-pediatrician-panel-tickets-14847558447 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • FTM due April/May (right on the cusp). I am in the suburbs and would love to meet up! I am interested in as nautral a birth as possible, but I am high risk due to some bleeding =(

The more support the better!!!
    imageimageimageimage
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @nbuczek would you be interested in attending the bump club dinner? It would be a nice place for a few of us to meet and decide on future meetings/meeting places :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @lisalisanorgren I would love to but unfortunately I won't be able to make it because of work =(
    imageimageimageimage
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Hi everyone!

FTM to twins in the west burbs. Would love to connect with other FTMs. I am interested in BF, cloth diapers, prenatal yoga (looking into a place in Naperville). I am due in June/July
    *** Siggy warning ***

DH: 31 normal
    Me: 31 tubal disease
    Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    Clomid x 2 with OBGYN: BFN
    IF testing 2013: blocked left tube, low AMH
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

• @LAO12‌ I am in the west suburbs too! I little bit north of Naperville. Exciting about twins!! I am due May and have just one growing inside (thankfully, my body can barely handle the one!)
    imageimageimageimage
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I definitely forgot to come back to this board to see if there were other responses after I posted, I only bump mobile so I don't get notifications and what not.
    I will not be available for the dinner in January but I am also into BF, cloth diapering, natural and organic, prenatal yoga and pilates.
    @LAO12‌ , where did you find prenatal yoga in naperville? I found a pilates place but not yoga... I am about 30 minutes west of Naperville but used to live close to downtown...
  • I definitely forgot to come back to this board to see if there were other responses after I posted, I only bump mobile so I don't get notifications and what not.
    I will not be available for the dinner in January but I am also into BF, cloth diapering, natural and organic, prenatal yoga and pilates.
    @LAO12‌ , where did you find prenatal yoga in naperville? I found a pilates place but not yoga... I am about 30 minutes west of Naperville but used to live close to downtown...

Universal spirit yoga in naperville. By the high school. I am in Geneva and this is the least expensive place that I have found (on a super tight budget) that looks nice. You have to be 14w so going to check it out February.
    *** Siggy warning ***

Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

• @LAO12‌ thanks! I'll check it out!
  • @LAO12‌ I'm in Saint Charles! Are you delivering at Del Nor or Sherman? What about child birth classes... I'm really struggling with these!
    imageimageimageimage
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I am planning on doing hypnobabies and right now we are working with the instructor to add a class based on scheduling issues, if anyone is interested in the area, she is based in crystal lake and I could host in either McHenry or Yorkville...
  • nbuczek  - OMG you are right next door!!! How awesome!  So planning right now at Delnor but considering transferring to CDH (and switching OB/MFM) b/c of the twins (I really want a NICU available).  You?  CDH offers a multiples baby class which I am going to sign up for.  I am also going to sign up for prenatal yoga at CDH ($10 a class!!!).  I haven't gotten any farther in the plans yet. lol.  13w today :)  PM me and we can chat more! 
    *** Siggy warning ***

Married 2011
    TTC 2012

• Hello Ladies,

I am also a FTM due in May.  I live in the suburbs too...think its a great idea and welcome the idea of getting together. 

Thanks. Helen

• Ooh! I'm a FTM and I've signed up for the prenatal yoga class at CDH on Saturdays beginning in February. I'm due in early June and my partner convinced me to try it out. Anyone else?
  • calsurb   I go to the Wed night class at CDH.  I have done yoga in the past and was not always fond of it.  Prenatal is more stretching than anything.  I enjoy it but I will not be re-signing until March when I am a little further along.  Hope you like it!
    *** Siggy warning ***

Married 2011
    TTC 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"