Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleeping much more than usual

BugzeeBugzee member
edited December 2014 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
This might sound odd, but I'm worried as my 4.5 week old has suddenly been sleeping a lot more! 3-4 hours overnight, 3-4 hour naps during the day, only after waking shortly to eat and be changed.

Until now he's been BF every 1-2 hours during the day... 12-14 feeds/day. He woke up snotty and phlegmy this AM which has now completely resolved, not sure what that was about. No fever, normal diapers. Am I losing my mind? What is sleep and why is this baby doing it?

Re: Sleeping much more than usual

• leela02leela02 member
    edited December 2014
    Some congestion is typical in young babies..If the snottiness doesn't seem to be bothering your LO and doesn't affect his breathing or feeding I wouldn't worry too much. But call your pedi if you're worried about it.

As for sleep, the PP is right, sleep patterns change so fast in the first weeks. My LO used to take 3 hour naps at 4-5 weeks, now at 2 months I am lucky if she falls asleep for more than 30 mins during the day!

• Thank you! I'll try to "enjoy" this nap stage while it lasts. Every little change catches me off guard :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Babies change all the time, just as you think you're getting into a tiny bit of a routine it all changes again. But as you said everything appears normal so enjoy this time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"