Multiples
Options

Just found out there's two!!

Hi there, my name is Kate and I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant & have just found out its twins!! (??) @-) So hard to get my head round this, but hey, here I am.
So, this is my second pregnancy and I have a 12 year old girl. I'm 31 & newly married to Bob. I live in the UK.

•How far along were you when you found out it was twins?
•What was your reaction at first?
•What are your pregnancy symptoms? Different than a singleton?

Re: Just found out there's two!!

• Options
    Welcome & congratulations!!!

•How far along were you when you found out it was twins? 6 wks

•What was your reaction at first? We did FET and transferred 2, so knew 2 was a strong possibility. That being said, at 6wks there were 3 heartbeats & we were SCARED outta our minds! ;) unfortunately, we lost one.
    •What are your pregnancy symptoms? I'm in my last days/wks of pregnancy so lots of discomfort. In beginning, similar to singleton, though more sick & earlier on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also found out at about 6.5 weeks (Jamie was measuring 6w4d, and Simon was measuring 6w2d). I have two older singletons. If by symptoms you mean cravings, morning sickness, aches, bloating, fatigue, etc, none of those were worse during the first five months, for me... in fact, I had almost no morning sickness, compared to my singletons. Fatigue did kick in sometime in the second trimeser, and it hit pretty hard.. But if by symptoms you mean complications, that's completely different. My singleton pregnancies were very easy with no major issues (aside from moderate sOHSS), both born one day after their due dates. With the boys, I had severe sOHSS and required surgery at 17w (this isn't something other people would have to be concerned about - sOHSS is extremely rare and caused by a genetic mutation), then I developed GD, and finally ended up with pre-eclampsia at 34w - bedrest at 35w, and delivery at 37w2d. Despite the many complications with my twins, they had no NICU time, they are happy and healthy, and we are quickly approaching their 2nd birthdays. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found out at 8 weeks and could have fainted!! But we quickly became very excited for our girls. Actually symptoms were about the same for first tri. But now that I'm in 3rd tri, it's feeling much different, many more pains and pulled from work for half days due to those pain issues. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was about 9 weeks when I found out ( at my dating ultrasound) my first reaction was "what the fuck" and "holy shit" I kinda felt disappointment at first and just really really scared. I didn't realize twins could happen to people who didn't have twins in their families- it wasn't even a thought in my mind.

I'm now 14 weeks and I'm starting to feel better - I was very sick from weeks 8-14 lots of vomiting and no energy. I'm very excited now and am really looking forward to being a twin mamma.

Congratulations and good luck :)
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Like you, I was 6w. 
    Terrified, freaking the f out. Hyper emesis had started and was kicking my ass already :/
    I've only ever been PG with multiples, so i can't compare it. But I pretty much felt like shit from the week before I found out I was PG to the morning the girls were delivered. Good times 
    ;))
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welcome!!

•How far along were you when you found out it was twins? 5 weeks
    •What was your reaction at first? I don't think DH and I put together a sentence for a week.  He cried and I just said lots of oh my, holy crap, no way......
    •What are your pregnancy symptoms? Different than a singleton? I feel my symptoms have been mild compared to many singleton pregnancies, but I'm a FTM so nothing to compare it to.  I had very average m/s until 14 weeks.  I have suffered from low BP and low iron, but with supplements I have done well.  I'm 31w3d now and they project that I'll go to 37 weeks or so.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations!!!  It is definitely an amazing and unique experience.  

•How far along were you when you found out it was twins? I was 7 weeks I think.  I had a dating ultrasound because I found out so early that I was pregnant.  
    •What was your reaction at first? I think I was just in shock and disbelief for a while.  Then it switched to anxiety and nervousness.  I thought it was going to be very very hard, but it has been very wonderful and more manageable than I thought.  When I had my girls, DD was 4 and DS was 2.  
    •What are your pregnancy symptoms? Different than a singleton? I felt quite different.  For the first 20 weeks, I just felt heightened symptoms: more morning sickness, more 2nd tri headaches, more fatigue.  But once I hit 20 weeks, it honestly felt like third trimester was starting early.  I became more limited physically.  By the end, I was just uncomfortable and in pain everywhere (not like "oh I am going to die" pain, but just like "I have way too many limbs inside my body" pain).  To be honest, for me, being pregnant with twins felt like being 40+ weeks pregnant for two straight months.  I am not telling you this to discourage you, but to be honest.  It was rough, especially at the end.  But then they arrived and I felt SO much better.  For me, the pregnancy was way harder than the newborn stages.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    We found out it was twins at our NT scan (12 weeks). At eight weeks there was only one baby. We are having di Di twins, so not sure how they missed that. I'm currently 20 weeks. And in lots of pain. Aches and pains are ten fold this time around. Fourth pregnancy. I wouldn't change it for the world! We are so excited!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    •How far along were you when you found out it was twins? Around 6-7 weeks.

•What was your reaction at first? I was in shock and didn't believe it. I think I started laughing.

•What are your pregnancy symptoms? Different than a singleton? I had the same symptoms, just a little stronger. I had some nausea. Constantly needing to go to the bathroom. My hip pain was a lot worse at the end of the pregnancy. I also had braxton hicks constantly the whole second half of the pregnancy and I didn't have any with my first.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies ladies :) Were still quite scared to be honest but we've not yet known a week.
    One thing I'm worrying about is my insane hunger- It's constant! I've gained fat already & I'm not exactly slim to begin with! Xx
  • Options
    @twelveyeargap - seriously, don't worry about the weight gain.  I was a size 16 pre-pregnancy and a 14 a week after the babies were born.  Twins are hard on your body.  I was so sick I lost 10 lbs the 1st tri and worked really hard to eat throughout.  Even with GD I lost weight.  :P  The best thing you can do is feed those beautiful babies as nutritiously as possible and put the weight on them, I recommend Dr Barbara Luke's book on weight gain with multiples.  It's the reason my babies were born at 4.12 and 6.4 even though they were 6 weeks premature.  CONGRATS!!!
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Options
    Congrats! Late to the party and I haven't formally introduced myself on this board but just thought I'd say hello and congrats.

•How far along were you when you found out it was twins? 8 weeks

•What was your reaction at first? SHOCKED and a bit upset to be honest. Excited now but was really overwhelmed.

•What are your pregnancy symptoms? Currently mild nausea and a few aches and pains. Just into second trimester and so far it's way better than the first.

Different than a singleton? Not sure, FTM here.

Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! :-) lucky you, built in playmate for your LOs :-) and an extra pair of helping hands in your 12yo. I was 16 and my sister 12 when our brother was born. We loved it!

We were 8 weeks, first ultrasound when they found twins.

DH said, "you're kidding!" I said, "twins are lucky!"

We had a loss last year, so I am just really grateful for a healthy pregnancy.

my pregnancy test line was very dark right away, I had more heartburn last time. I had some mild nausea this go round, but have been really lucky with few "symptoms" and only sick a handful of times, usually from brushing my tongue too far back when brushing teeth. And not in the first tri.
    I'm 42, FTM, married since Feb 2013- glad you are here! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CaliCarly77CaliCarly77 member
    edited December 2014
    •How far along were you when you found out it was twins?

About 7 weeks - we had an earlier ultrasound which showed 1 baby and no heart beat, so we thought we were going back to confirm an "empty sac" pregnancy but no - TWINS (nearly fainted and cried a LOT)
    •What was your reaction at first? 

Horror. I cried for weeks. I was so stressed and freaked out. I felt like I was a teenager finding out I was pregnant. We were so ready for 1 and not at all prepared for 2. I was also terrified of all of the "things that can go wrong" - I wish I had had a crystal ball to know everything would go fabulous and to CALM DOWN. 
    •What are your pregnancy symptoms? Different than a singleton?

I've only had the twin pregnancy. Honestly I thought I wasn't pregnant because I had NO symptoms. No nausea or anything. The only thing I did feel was loss of energy - I could barely run a block without feeling like I was walking through quicksand. Click on the siggy link to my blog for more info! 

********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board