Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

When do babies typically start taking 2-3 naps a day?

I know all babies are different but curious when babies typically start going on more of 2-3 nap schedule?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When do babies typically start taking 2-3 naps a day?

• Options
    My son is 4 months old and at probably 2 months he started taking only 2-3 Naps. He takes one between 9:30 and 10 and then one around noon or 1. Sometimes he takes a 3rd nap around 6 but his bedtime is 7:30 so the 6 nap is pointless. But sometimes he sleeps then anyway but it's usually pretty short.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Typically, babies will nap 3x a day starting at about 4-5m. Then, they will lose that third catnap between 7-9m. Mine dropped her catnap at 8.5m. 
    Typically.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 4.5 month old still takes four naps a day most days -- and they're usually each 45 mins, maybe with one longer nap if I'm lucky. Sigh.
  • Options
    my 6 month old takes a good morning nap around 9:00 and then an afternoon nap around 2:00.  She only takes the third nap if we go somewhere later in the afternoon and she falls asleep in the car or else if it is nice enough for a walk then she will take a catnap in the jogger....or else if we just stay home she stays awake from after her second nap till bedtime which is around 645pm
  • Options
    My dd is 4 months and she's been napping every 2 hours or so, granted they are short naps, about 30 min on the dot. We had a good nap schedule going back in October (around 2 months old) but when the time changed it screwed everything up and we never were able to get back into that routine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"