Any vbac mom's have slow building labor (for a week or more) — The Bump
VBAC

Any vbac mom's have slow building labor (for a week or more)

I've been having a slow build up to labor- many irregular contractions (not Braxton Hicks, but not regular enough or stay around long enough to lead up to labor) for a week now. I hear that means it is just my body slowly gearing up.  I have been progressing in dilation, baby dropping and  effacing so I think the contractions are at least doing something, which is good because having this off and on day and night is tiring.  I wonder if this will help or make it more difficult with a vbac. I'm hoping it means things will move along, but am worried I will stall out again. Anyone have this happen before and want to share their experience? Thanks!

Re: Any vbac mom's have slow building labor (for a week or more)

• I had contractions for nearly three weeks before I truly went into labor for my VBAC. When I went into labor, it only took 6 hours.
  • I had contractions for about 2 weeks.  Was finally induced through ROM but was walking around at 5cm dilated and moved fast from 5-7 after breaking my water.  Hospital protocol kept me on the monintors and from walking around after that so all in it was 14 hours but pushing was fast due to laboring down for about 2 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker