Food Allergy
Options

XP: Reaction to baby food??

Hi

My 7mo seems to get a reaction to every food, with the exception of pears & sweet potatoes. We tried bananas, peas, green beans, rice cereal w/bananas, and now apples. Her nose, chin, and cheeks get really red & rashy looking and it lasts for at least a day. She received a soy & daily intolerance diagnosis at 6 weeks and has been on hypoallergenic formula ever since. Our previous pediatrician was a joke, so I always questioned the diagnosis, but maybe she has some real allergies. I talked to our new pediatrician and they said we can go to an allergist if it continues, but to just watch it for now. 

Has anyone else had this issue? I just want to know if this is possibly a normal reaction to foods or if there is something bigger going on (based on experience). Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: XP: Reaction to baby food??

• Options
    Could it be contact dermatitis? My son had similar issues with foods
  • Options
    What is that?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would assume contact reaction too (contact dermatitis).

This happens to both my LO's (DD doesn't have food allergies though). Certain foods always bring it on. I will usually put Vaseline around their mouth when we're going to be eating something I know will cause the contact reaction. It acts as a barrier and the reaction is lesser or non existent. 

Maybe try that next time you feed her? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"