October 2014 Moms

Poop Stains!

yella726yella726 member
edited December 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Alright, ladies, let's talk about poop. Stains, that is. I want to hear your favorite, go-to method for removing stains from clothing. Hot water? Cold water? Baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, chemical warfare? LO has had several blowouts the past couple of days and I'm hesitant to launder them yet due to my insuccessful previous attempts at cleaning past leakage stains. So I'm turning to you ladies. Otherwise, I'm worried that he'll be stuck with yellow-stained clothing for the rest of his diapering days. Thoughts? Aaaaand....GO!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poop Stains!

• Baby dish soap has worked for DD blowout onesies
    January Snow Fail

• What is baby dish soap?? I used dawn. Rub it in toss it in the washer
  • Loading the player...
  • Rinse the stain with cold water as soon as possible. Then I used oxyclean and soaked it in a plastic bag for 2 days. The stain came out even though I had already tried regular again remover and dish soap. I also read online that it's important to use the warmest water in the washer that the garment will tolerate.

• I wash mine about 3 different times in cold water with Dreft.  Worked many times.  I only lost 3 outfits with my son.

;

• @saraml13 Yes, EBF! Silly question, but do you think frigid winter sun up in Maine will work as efficiently as baking it in the summer sun?

@beezbeez LOLOLOL!!!
  • ajh1230ajh1230 member
    edited December 2014

What is baby dish soap?? I used dawn. Rub it in toss it in the washer

Someone gave it to us at my shower. I've never seen it before but it says special for bottles and milk & food residue. It's worked great for stains too!
    January Snow Fail

• meagpt22 said:

Oxi clean baby following the soaking instructions.

This has saved so many poopy outfits from DS. Dude pooped a ton and all day long.

• Rinse in cold water, rub in dawn

• sabby2sabby2 member
    edited December 2014
    Rinse cold water no detergent, then wash per clothing instructions with all free and clear and clorox2. We do the extra rinse cycle if we use clorox2 on dd's clothes.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Agreed about the sun! Wonder if it would work through a window?
  • Scrub it with some Dawn mixed with hydrogen peroxide and then wash as normal! I used this on a poop stain I didn't realize was there after I washed and dried it. It took it right out. I also used this on a baby blanket of my husband's that my MIL gave me. It had a very dark 20+-year-old stain on it and it got it out. It did take several tries for that, though.
  • The Dreft spray on stain remover is a miracle worker- even with stains left for a few hours. Just spray on, hand agitate under some warm water and throw in the washing machine. Has worked every time for us.
  • Maybe my DS has special unicorn poop but his clothes always come clean in the wash? I use Tide powder detergent, but I will also echo what theresat858 says- the sun always works wonders.
  • Newb/FTM question.. When you rinse out the outfit containing said poop, do you do it in the sink? Tub? Toilet? I thought I should just rinse it in the sink but DH was grossed out. What do y'all do?
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
  • Tide powdered detergent and an extra soak gets out most of the BF stains - including the ones on her cloth diapers. For the stubborn ones, thirty minutes in the sun while they are still wet. The UV helps bleach out the stains.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Thanks, ladies! Looks like I'll be doing some experimenting this afternoon! The sun bleaching will have to wait, though. It's 35 degrees and raining here today :(
  • FamousEa said:
    @hecklet‌ does your baby's poop look like this? :P image
    @famousea hahaha  =))
  • Another vote for Oxy Clean, but for really toughies, I soak in Oxy and boiling water (if the fabric can tolerate heat). Works like a charm.
  • I just rinse with hot water and hand scrub a little with whatever soap is handy and I haven't seen any stains after washing...am I just lucky? Does my baby have special poop that doesn't leave stains?

• I've heard amazing things about the Baby Oxyclean (you can get it at BRU), but I've had good luck with rinsing immediately, followed by dreft pre-treatment spray.

• @staryb It's possible that your baby has unicorn poop. Mine stains instantly!

@sheluvs2travel I've been using Honest Co.'s Oxy Boost packs:
    https://www.honest.com/cleaning/honest-oxy-boost

I rinsed immediately with hot water (at which point DH and I got into a discussion on hot water vs cold water to treat stains, him saying that hot water will set a stain). After that, I did baking soda, peroxide, white vinegar and dish soap, scrubbed it with an old toothbrush, and then threw it into the laundry with the rest of his clothes with detergent and an oxy pack. There is still a hint of a stain there.

• @yella726‌ I was taught in my textiles class in college that hot water sets a stain.

I rinse with cold water and spray with dreft stain remover. I let it sit for a little bit and then wash in cold water. The only time the stain hasn't come out is when I didn't spray first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"