Adoption
Options

Home visit this week!

Eeeek. I'm so nervous. I have my individual interview tomorrow, then the home visit is on Thursday.

I know it's not a white glove inspection, but I'm still nervous. DH is busy with work, so he won't have much time to help get things ready.

We need to put together our fire plan and disaster plan too. Everytime I feel like I must be getting to the bottom of the paperwork, there's another stack.

There's no point to this except that I know you all will understand.
Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010

Re: Home visit this week!

• Options
    Good luck!
    10/27/07
  • Options
    Thanks!

Individual interview today went well. I thought of so much to say after I left of course while on the spot I had a hard time coming up with answers for a couple easy questions. I feel like that always happens.

I have so much to do before Thursay! Paperwork. Clean. Dr apt. Some homework/course work. I cannot wait for Friday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome! Sounds like you had a great week. We had our first home visit last night after having submitted our application . Now we wait for training, but have paper work to work on.

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

• Options

Our SW told us that the house is just a house and that they are only looking for safety things.  She said that the importatnt part is the human components, more than the building.  That being said, I am sure that I will scrub every nook and crevice before she actually comes!

We were told this too. By this board, by googling, and by our social worker. Yet we spent weeks organizing and cleaning out stuff for goodwill... and a couple days deep cleaning. Good news: our place looks awesome now! More good news: we finally unpacked boxes from our move 4 years ago.

• Options
    Glad everything went well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"