December 2013 Moms
Options

Refusing nap time -.-

For some unknown reason LO is refusing to nap - and im unsure of how to get her to nap. She has been a restless sleeper for the last 2 months constantly getting up and flopping over and crawling over me and wanting to eat - non stop! Now she does not even want to take her naps. She use to go down no problem around 12 and 4. I might get her down for a small one around 12 for about 20 min but then she REFUSES to nap for the rest of the day. just screaming even if i am holding her! and thens its like - well i have sat here and tried everything for over an hour how long do i try for?

any advice or in the same boat?

Re: Refusing nap time -.-

• Options
    Oh no! I'm sorry!! I don't really have any advice. The only way to get LO to sleep is to rock her.. Every single time. Have you tried singing, rocking, white noise? I did CIO with DS but LO will just cry and cry and get so worked up it doesn't work with her. Have you tried CIO? Sorry I'm not much help. :(
  • Options
    We have tried the CIO but same that happened to you she just cried and cried and worked herself all up. Each night it got worse and longer - instead of the other way around :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well dang. Hmm. :(
  • Options
    Has she reached a new milestone?  Crawling, standing, walking?  Apparently those things will affect sleep.  It's also possible she doesn't need both naps or maybe she needs to switch up times etc..  I think we're going to work on dropping a nap soon and hope that it leads to one long nap.  GL.

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kaiteygrl said:
    Has she reached a new milestone?  Crawling, standing, walking?  Apparently those things will affect sleep.  It's also possible she doesn't need both naps or maybe she needs to switch up times etc..  I think we're going to work on dropping a nap soon and hope that it leads to one long nap.  GL.
    She has started standing on her own recently but still not walking. What times are you having LO nap now? And if you are going to one nap a day what time would you do that one?
  • Options
    So we normally do 9am, 1pm, and 4pm.  At most she naps for an hour a time.  I've been pushing the 1pm nap back by 30 minutes.  If she's still cranky at 4:30pm I let her go down again, but she usually only sleeps about 20 minutes.  I think in a few weeks we'll be down to 9am and 3pm.

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"