TTC After a Loss
Options

MC Remembrance qoutes

For our 5 year anniversary this year, DH got me a puzzle picture frame.  We have a puzzle piece for our wedding, honeymoon, each of the dogs, etc.  I've been thinking about adding a piece for our MC's this year and would love your input.  I'd like a quote that is subtle, not religious.

My favorites so far are:

"Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts".

"There is no footprint so small that it does not leave an imprint on this world"

"Tu me manques" - It is French for I miss you but it means you are missing from me.  I think this is my favorite one, but we are definitely not French, so I'm not sure if its stupid to use.  I also like that it would be like a little code since no one would know what it means.  It would also prompt questions from people who notice it, which is fine. (Thanks pinterest)

Does anyone else have any favorite quotes that might work? 

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                             BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                             BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                   BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      

Re: MC Remembrance qoutes

• Options
    wellybug said:

For our 5 year anniversary this year, DH got me a puzzle picture frame.  We have a puzzle piece for our wedding, honeymoon, each of the dogs, etc.  I've been thinking about adding a piece for our MC's this year and would love your input.  I'd like a quote that is subtle, not religious.

My favorites so far are:

"There is no footprint so small that it does not leave an imprint on this world"

"Tu me manques" - It is French for I miss you but it means you are missing from me.  I think this is my favorite one, but we are definitely not French, so I'm not sure if its stupid to use.  I also like that it would be like a little code since no one would know what it means.  It would also prompt questions from people who notice it, which is fine. (Thanks pinterest)

FYI it doesn't mean "I miss you" it means "You miss me".

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wellybug said:

My favorites so far are:

@PinkCamino, I guess this is another Pinterest fail.  I'm not saying that the exact translation is "I miss you", but rather the phrase is used instead of that.  So the translation is not "you are missing from me"?
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    wellybug said:
    wellybug said:

My favorites so far are:

@PinkCamino, I guess this is another Pinterest fail.  I'm not saying that the exact translation is "I miss you", but rather the phrase is used instead of that.  So the translation is not "you are missing from me"?
    Nevermind.  This just goes to show you shouldn't use a phrase in a different language you don't understand.

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    wellybug said:
    wellybug said:
    wellybug said:

My favorites so far are:

Nevermind.  This just goes to show you shouldn't use a phrase in a different language you don't understand.
    Well " tu me manques"  can be taken to mean two things.

First it can mean (literal translation) you miss me.

If you want to play on words a little it can also be taken to mean you are missing from me.

• Options
    I like this line from the poem "I Carry Your Heart" by E.E. Cummings: "I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it." 

If you choose this one or any other by this poet, please cite it 'e.e.cummings.' He was actually very specific about the lower case letters. Sorry, not to be mean or red pen person.

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    MellyMel15MellyMel15 member
    edited December 2014
    flyoffeve said:
    If you choose this one or any other by this poet, please cite it 'e.e.cummings.' He was actually very specific about the lower case letters. Sorry, not to be mean or red pen person.
    Whoops. My bad! I was an English major in college, so I'm disappointed in myself for getting this wrong. Thanks for the assist, @flyoffeve
    * Me: 31, DH: 33 * Married 10.16.10 * Parents of our furbaby Sophie *
    BFP: 8.28.14 | EDD 5.6.15 | MMC Discovered 9.25.14 (8 weeks)| D&C 9.30.14

"Everybody here has got a story to tell. Everybody's been through their own hell. There's nothing too special about getting hurt, but getting over it that takes the work. Because one way or another, we all need each other. Nothing's going to turn out the way you thought it would. Friends and lovers, don't you duck and cover because everything comes out the way it should in the end." -Glen Phillips, "Duck and Cover" 

• Options
    One of my favorite remembrance quotes is from the Velveteen Rabbit. "Once you are real you cannot become unreal again. It lasts for always."
    @raelynn71109 - love this :)

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"