Baby Showers

Asking too much?

edicentesedicentes member
edited December 2014 in Baby Showers
Is having a baby shower 7 months after our wedding asking too much of our friends and family--even though it's our first child?

Re: Asking too much?

• As long as you aren't planning/hosting it, then you are fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with PPs, since you don't throw a shower for yourself, presumably whoever offered doesn't see it as an issue. Also, you won't be inviting every family member that was at the wedding to a shower, it'll be a much smaller event.

If people want to send presents, they will whether they're invited to a shower or not.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No, no one will mind that for your first baby. Most likely that timing was pretty common back in the day when birth control wasn't as widely available or socially acceptable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much for your input. I feel much better! :)
  • The last shower I went to was only a few months after their wedding. Even as a second child (first for one of them) it wasn't 'too much' or 'too soon' for me.

It was a bit annoying that I didn't get a thank you card for any of the three events though. Just make sure you send thank yous :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2014
    I'm in the same boat. My baby shower will be about 11 months after my bridal shower. I've had several people who were at the first shower offer to host the second, so that tells me that people clearly don't mind. I'm 33 and my husband is 39, so I don't think anyone is surprised that we started TTC right away. Also, I thought about it this way: I would be thrilled for a family member or friend and excited to go to both events, so I hope that my family and friends feel the same way. No one who is invited but doesn't want to come has to! I actually invited MORE people to the baby shower than the bridal shower, since I included more friends who lived out of town.

ETA: A friend is hosting my baby shower; I was simply asked to put together the guest list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"