September 2014 Moms

Moms who FF with spit up issues

I'm on my 2nd DS with frequent spit up issues. It varies in volume but almost always spits up no matter how many burps or gentle hold or position. Sometimes it seems like he spit 2/3 of his bottle. Also he's never " full ". I read that you should let LO eat till he's full to gauge his bottle size. Well he always wants more but if I give him more than 4oz he will erupt worse . Today I came across something about similac for spit up, a formula I've never seen in stores or noticed anyway. It's got a lime green label and contains rice to thicken it. Does anyone have experience with this?
Lilypie - (JLjB)

Re: Moms who FF with spit up issues

• No experience but it is sold at Walmart.
  • I used it for a few weeks. C spits up on every formula though. It was less volume than some other formulas she's tried but it constipated her a little bit. It may work for you though, so you could talk to your pedi.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Loading the player...
  • i don't have experience with that formula.

does your LO like pacifiers? my LO always wants more, but if i give him too much he is a volcano - however if i give him what i think is the right amount, then give him his pacifier right after the last burp, it's a good "tell" - if he spits it out, he is genuinely hungry, and if he keeps it, he is happy and full.

if you're not a pacifier lady, that won't help. good luck.

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We tried the enfamil version of the spit up formula and it made DD's poop MUCH thicker, thicker than peanut butter, but it did work.
  • He takes a pacifier and gives up but is never full @anewadventure‌
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Mine never seemed full until we increased his bottles to 5oz. He has horrible reflux as well. I've tried smaller, more frequent bottles but he just gets really mad and then will not settle at all. We give the pacifier after the last burp like PP.

Also, it often looks like way more than it is. I cleaned up one of my LOs puking episodes the other day and then weighed the cloth diaper on a kitchen scale - it was less than 0.5oz. Granted, he did this 3 times that bottle, but it looked much worse than it was.

Pregnancy Ticker

• MLE_C2B said:
    I'm on my 2nd DS with frequent spit up issues. It varies in volume but almost always spits up no matter how many burps or gentle hold or position. Sometimes it seems like he spit 2/3 of his bottle. Also he's never " full ". I read that you should let LO eat till he's full to gauge his bottle size. Well he always wants more but if I give him more than 4oz he will erupt worse . Today I came across something about similac for spit up, a formula I've never seen in stores or noticed anyway. It's got a lime green label and contains rice to thicken it. Does anyone have experience with this?

Similac for Spit-up seriously changed our lives. Our baby was miserable... couldn't eat more than an ounce at a time, was constantly congested... etc. We switched to Similac for Spit-up, and all of his problems were gone in like two days. I highly recommend it!!

Only thing is, it takes a while to dissolve sometimes, so you have to shake it really well. It's a small price to pay.

Also, the RTF formula is a little different (smoother and thicker) than the powder. I would start with the powder, and if you don't see results in a few days, try the RTF.

I hope it works for you!!

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"