Multiples
Options

Costochondritis pain

HI Ladies...I have excruciating pain in my upper right rib cage all the way to under my breast bone. Dr says its Costochondritis.  Have any of you ladies experienced this and if so what did you do to make the pain at least bearable.  I know the only way for the pain to go away is Ibuprofen (and since that's a no-no) and to get therapeutic massages (which I tried but haven't helped) what have you done to deal with this?  TIA and advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Costochondritis pain

• Options
    I'm not sure if that is exactly what I had, but during 2nd trimester I had intense burning pain on my left rib cage that got worse when I laid down or tried to sleep. I think it was just the stretching and moving of my rib cage making room for the babies cause it went away after 3-4 weeks. I don't know anything that will help but hopefully it subsides in a few weeks when your body adjusts more! (I don't know how far along you are, I'm on Mobile). But hang in there!! And good luck!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had intense pain under my right breast/upper ribcage during the last 9 weeks of my pregnancy.  It felt like knives stabbing me almost constantly and burning.  My doc told me it was just nerve pain and there was nothing I could do.  I didn't take any meds for it.  It was excruciating pain and truly awful.  The pain went away immediately after delivery.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"