September 2014 Moms

EFF 9.5 week old refusing to finish bottles

For the past 3-4 days LO has been refusing to completely finish most of her bottles throughout the day. She has been EFF since 1 week old. We have not changed her formula, and we use bottled water - the brand does change but it hasn't seemed to matter before. She was eating 4-4.5oz 6 times per day up until about 10 days ago. She caught a minor head cold (stuffy nose) and didn't eat as much the first few days, but then was back up to her norm after 2-3 days, but starting about 4 days ago, she has started only eating 2.5-3.5oz during most feedings, and won't eat more frequently. She did get her 2 month shots 2 days ago, we traveled to my parents house for the holiday, and I started back at work yesterday, but this didn't really seem to start until we returned home and before she got her shots. She is still getting 6+ wet diapers per day, and pooping every other day (her norm) but I'm concerned. Anyone else had any problems like this? Any suggestions?

Re: EFF 9.5 week old refusing to finish bottles

• Baby will eat what baby wants to eat. As long as you are having enough wet diapers and poops I think you're fine unless she starts to lose weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jpfeifer‌ did DS go back to normal or was that his new normal?
  • Loading the player...
  • i'd give it a little more time. if LO is producing enough diapers, you can afford to wait it out. if you're truly worried, call your pediatrician and ask for some reasurrance.

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We went through something similar recently. I just kept offering during our normal schedule...a couple days later he was back to normal. Then recently he's started doing it again. I've just sttributed it to growth spurts vs. slower growth periods.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Thanks for all the advice ladies. According to MIL (daycare) she ate better today so I'm hoping it was just stress of everything that was going on.
  • jaime52005jaime52005 member
    edited December 2014
    I think its a phase..ds is doing this and my dd did it on and off from 2-6 months
  • I have noticed that LO doesn't eat well when she doesn't nap well. If she stays awake for long stretches and gets overtired she won't eat much more than 2oz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"