June 2015 Moms
Options

Fetal Doppler Review

TrampslikeusTrampslikeus member
edited December 2014 in June 2015 Moms
Evening ladies -   I know there have been a few threads asking about fetal dopplers from various places, well,  I ordered one, so here's a little review.

I ordered from fetaldoppler.net   and got a kind of middle of the price-range model at 41.99 with free shipping:
https://www.fetaldoppler.net/jpd-100b.html

The shipping was extremely fast.  Ordered Friday, arrived today.

It came well packaged and in perfect, new condition.

Clearly a cheapo model from China or somewhere along those lines, and it doesn't have the brand name anywhere on it.  It says "Face Lake" in the corner, which is weird, but oh well.   The instruction packet says " OPERATE MANUAL" and contains gems such as "put the gel on the detect position of the pregnant abdomen then press the probe softly and ensure it has a good touch surface"   and "wait until the sounds is clear"

But... the good news is that it came fully charged, with a very small packet of gel, and we were able to find the HR within 5 minutes of searching around (I am a little over 12 weeks).  

If you don't find it right away, change the angle of the probe (towards you instead of away from you), not the amount of pressure you're using.  If you go too far to your right or left, you'll end up picking up the pulse in your femoral arteries, so if you see a HR in the 60s or 70s, don't panic - thats yours.   Its also pretty solid proof you're not feeling your baby move at this stage - its still tucked in behind the pubic bone, and very quiet around there until you pick up the HB, which is why I can't post a video of me using it, because its still WAYYYY down there.

IMHO - totally worth it, just to put away those random, creeping "are you still alive in there, little Cletus?" freakouts. 

imageimage

image  image

Re: Fetal Doppler Review

• Options
    The one I have looks identical to yours, but it's by Angel Sounds & says Jumper on the label above the volume controls, it looks like it has the same model number on it. From what I've read it's supposed to be well rated. I'm a fluffy gal, but I've been able to find Squirt for about a week now. The only issue I'm having is I don't always get a digital readout when I'm clearly getting fetal heart tones; chalking that up to it being early still.

I got mine on eBay for $32 shipped & it came quickly. I also got that tiny packet of gel with it, but I've been using plain ol aloe vera gel & it works well. It's definitely worth the investment IMO.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing! I plan on ordering one this week!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

mnp48 said:
    Ooo...thanks for the tips! I was also looking at the same fetal doppler but ended up getting the sonoline b. Hopefully, it works as well as yours. I have moments when I wonder if anything is actually in "there". Lol
    I ordered a Sonoline-B a couple weeks ago and my review would be almost exactly the same as Tramp's.  I.e., yay heartbeat to soothe my anxious mind, but boo weird "operate manual."  (Actually, if I had to do it again, I'd bypass reading that thing; it just made me nervous that the monitor was a janky POS.)

Another tip: there are about a billion youtube videos out there of ladies finding heartbeats with their monitors and showing viewers how the heartbeat sound differs from the other whooshing sounds in the abdomen.  I recommend watching one or two, just so you know what you're looking/listening for.

Our baby was also super low and in the exact same spot the first few times we used it.  But I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and in the last five days it migrated north about four inches and switched sides.  So, big shocker, babies move.  Don't freak out if you can't find it in the same spot time after time.  :P  

Oh, also, the screen that supposedly shows the HR hasn't really worked for me.  Didn't seem to work for the youtube ladies, either.  So don't panic if you can't get the reading you're "supposed" to get.

I'll echo Tramp's summary: "totally worth it, just to put away those random, creeping "are you still alive in there, little Cletus?" freak outs."  

Yep.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"