June 2014 Moms
Options

Weird random baby things

So here's my latest weird baby thing - my LOs ears smell. He is bathed everyday, soap every other day ears are washed and dried well. It's not an ear infection (I assume this because it's been going on for weeks and his ears don't seem to bother him).

What's weird about your LO?

Re: Weird random baby things

• Options
    My baby full on hee haws after she makes a noise. She will make a cute coo and then immediately go into a loud and long inhale.
  • Options
    Murph always has his big toes cocked back, he never relaxes them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stinky feet here too. He's also bug with laughing or smiling every time he farts, ie a lot.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She screams in her sleep randomly and only once. Every single time I jump out of bed and run to her only to find that she's sound asleep. Really need to invest in a video monitor. This week she been kicking her right leg only and punching herself with her left arm?
  • Options
    @nutmegs8‌ mine does that when I say "feet down" (when he's on the changing table and is playing with his feet while I try to diaper him)
  • Options
    LO gets the hiccups after  he gets over a giggle fit -- everytime.  He also laughs/coos when getting a diaper change and it creeps me out.  I made DH wash his penis one night because he was laughing/cooing so much that I was just like NO --- this is creepy you seem to be enjoying this too much!  He also has "morning wood" during every middle of the night diaper change. 

• Options
    @frenchchocolate611‌ Mine wants to lick everything too! Also, when she is hungry she tries to eat my face. I've been calling her my little zombie baby.

My LO sucks her bottom lip in. If she's not doing that, she is sticking her tongue out.
  • Options
    @frenchchocolate611‌ Mine wants to lick everything too! Also, when she is hungry she tries to eat my face. I've been calling her my little zombie baby.
    Haha mine does that too (eat my face)! I was just telling my husband last night how he keeps latching on to my neck and sucking, expecially in the morning when he is really hungry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I too have a zombie baby. She likes to grab my forearm and attempt to take a bite... weird but adorable so we let it slide. 

LO does "old man burps" as my mom calls them. So tiny, yet so loud!

Being with my LO rocks! DD born 6/13/14.
  • Options
    He loves to suck on tags...but hates the taggie blanket that I got him.
    LO is similar.  He is obsessed with the tag on the boppy but doesn't do anything with tags on his taggie.

He also likes to make a weird throaty/gurgle sound with spit and his tongue that's hard to describe.  He does it all the time - in the car, playing, eating, watching things.  He even pulls off during nursing to do it sometimes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have another weird thing, he laughs when you squeeze his stomach.
  • Options
    My L
    KrystaJ said:
    My LO doesn't laugh, she coughs.

My LO does a laugh/ cough. She will laugh and then cough a few times. We do a crazy wave at her that makes her stick her tongue out every time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    I also have a bouncer who licks everything!

She also grabs my face & tries to put the whole thing in her mouth. I assume she's mimicking my "I'm gonna eat your face!" routine that always makes her laugh.

Oh, and when I'm rocking her to sleep, she sticks her hand in my mouth.
  • Options
    Along with smelly ears he likes to slap my face while I nurse him.
  • Options
    My LO also has smelly feet. When she's nursing, she is holding my boob with both hand and pushes my hand away if I try to help her. She eats my face and gives me hickies. She always farts as soon as I put her in the bathtub.
  • Options
    KrystaJ said:
    My LO doesn't laugh, she coughs.
    My LO does the same thing! She laughed for the first time on Saturday and hasn't since.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    C is part Tigger as well. He won't stop moving. When he's sleeping he pets the mattress. He also tries to eat my face and thinks it's hilarious.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    LOL @hampire my LO does that too! Pillows, his crib, the changing table, the dog, the stroller, literally everything he touches he sctratches with his nails. It's so funny.

• Options
    She pushes us away with her arms and legs when we are holding her, but cries when we put her down. Obviously she is a girl...  She licks my face when I get close and sucks on her big toe like it's a lollipop.
  • Options
    W scratches All. The . Time. The cat will lay by him to take advantage of it!
  • Options
    LO flicks the world off alllll the time. On camera too. And thinks it's hilarious.

J14 Jan Siggy Challenge: Santorini

• Options
    DS puts his hand out like he is saying stop when he needs his personal space. It is super cute. If you cross him or try and pick him up he gets super upset. I always warn people about it esp those that just meet him and love to be in his face. Yet they seem surprised he loses it after being informed. You were warned!
  • Options
    So in addition to throwing punches at herself while eating, LO has started punching everything, including DH & I - in the face. I laid her down on the couch yesterday and didn't see the cat lying right next to her (we have a dark grey couch and our dark grey and black cat blends right in...) I'm sure you can imagine where this story is going. Sorry, cat. :(

• Options
    Ohh I have another one: W giggles after he sneezes, but it totally sounds like a creepyman laugh (hhhee hheee)
  • Options
    E likes to punch us, and himself, in the face when he's tired and we are trying to put him to sleep.

He chews on his tongue constantly. Maybe he's trying to tell us he wants to start on solids?

When he is having a crying jag, he'll stop all of the sudden and start blowing raspberries and spitting everywhere.
  • Options

hampire - I love Call the Midwife...is it really over?

Also, AJ does all the above things...scratching, licking, kicking legs.  He also likes to grab my lips/cheeks and pull/squeeze and with sharp Velociraptor nails that stuff hurts!

• Options
    @lecholls - DD does that too where she'll be crying and then start blowing raspberries.  It makes me crack up every time and I usually end up startling her.  

When DD poops it smells like buttered movie popcorn.  I can't decide if I like the smell or if its repulsive.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Oh my gosh @flojo973‌ my DD poops smell like buttered popcorn!!! It is the weirdest thing! DH and I talk about it all the time. LO will strain and DH will be like do you think she pooped and I always say does it smell like buttered popcorn? Haha I love that I don't have the only LO with bizarre smelling poops!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love how weird all our kids are!
  • Options
    Mine does the scratching thing.  He also makes this "ooowww" noise after he coughs or sneezes...I find it absolutely adorable.  And DH and I joke that he needs to work on his kissing skills because DS will grab my face with both hands, open his mouth as wide as it'll go, and practically head butt me...or the babysitter...or grandma.  LOL. 
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    @mmandm603‌ mine does this too!
  • Options
    Recently she got super talkative , when she nurses she does this really loud moaning sound , like it's the best thing ever! She also makes this purring sound when she's falling asleep- so cute. And sometimes she talks or laughs out loud when she sleeps :-)
  • Options
    LO smashes her face into anything when she is lying on her side. The boppy when nursing, the bed, etc. She has done this since she was a newborn.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"