Military Families

Active to Reserves

I JUST transitioned from active duty to the reserves and am still trying to get a handle on the differences. Lo and behold, DH and I are expecting again. What is pregnancy like in the reserves? I mean, there aren't nearly enough females to have prego pt, let alone pregnant ones. How soon should I tell my NCOIC. Can I wait until drill? On top of that, my husband is transitioning too, we have an 8 month old, and STILL don't have a family care plan. It's all just a bunch of randomness.

Re: Active to Reserves

• I'm a Guardsman married to an AD Marine. When I was on profile (broken femurs), they just had me do my own thing. I helped grade the APFT, or ran the clock, or whatever. I would tell your NCOIC as soon as a doc confirmed the pregnancy, but I have found the reserve/guard life to be really laissez faire. Almost uncomfortably so. Good luck!
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"