September 2013 Moms

Weekend updates

bermybabe68bermybabe68 member
edited November 2014 in September 2013 Moms
In an attempt to lively up the board...

How was your weekend? Whatcha get up to?

Ours was a pretty quiet one. Little Miss woke up at stupid o'clock - 4:45am Saturday morning. No idea what's up with that. We went to Book Babies (books/ songs/ toys) at the library and then a quick shopping trip after. I got my hair done in the afternoon. Sad my 'do' was wasted on housework, tv then bed after. This morning DD slept all the way in to 5:30am (curse). DH got up with her though so I could sleep in for a couple of hours. We then had a big breakfast and went to the park. The afternoon was a trip to the grocery store and a little play time. Ooh how weekends have changed since having a baby. Once upon a time I'd be going to bed at 4:45am.

Re: Weekend updates

• @bermybabe68‌ I hate wasted good hair days! Especially given that they are so few and far between for me.

We've been soaking up our last days in Mexico! DD hates the beach. Haha. I thought she'd love it but she's terrified of the waves and the sand. We've been spending our days in the pool instead.

Strangers here have noticed that I'm pregnant... What the crap, I'm only 13 weeks. I didn't show until close to 20 last time. I'm sure that my daily buffet feasts don't help.

We've strategically gotten her to fall asleep in he stroller each evening and then went for late dinner. This means a peaceful meal for DH and I. It's been wonderful. Haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We found a couple of storage pieces at some local thrift stores. A TV cabinet that is DS proof and a large armoire for toy storage. Yay organization!! Now if I can get DH to refinish them quickly.
    We had people over to watch football on Saturday (Roll Tide) It was nice to have people over
    DS woke up at 4:30 this morning, DH watched him so I could sleep in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hahaha @starscream‌ DD had her diaper down her pant leg a couple of weeks ago too. And pooped. It was awesome.... Thank goodness we were home because that was a terrible mess to clean.

Duct tape is a great idea. She's really fond of stripping these days too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Joi922‌ Congrats on baby #2!

We had a semi busy weekend with DH's brother in town. Saturday we had to go back to DH's grandmothers house to finish cleaning up from the thanksgiving dinner we did there on friday and then spent some time with DH's brother at MIL's/FIL's house. When we left it was way passed LO's naptime so she fell alseep in the car for an hour. MIL, FIL, and DH's brother came to our house that night for pizza and stayed a few hours to chat and play with LO.

Sunday we actually didnt do much besides go for a walk and watch football but that was well needed after a very long and busy week. DH's brother wanted to go to the mall on sunday and race go carts but neither of us wanted to do it since it costs $30 a person and the mall is just way to crowded this time of year to go there for fun. MIL got upset and kept questioning DH why he didn't want to go, asking him what was going on, and trying to make him feel bad for saying he didn't want to go do that, this went on for at least 15 minutes. DH told his mother to let him know what else they decided to do after that but he never heard from them again and his brother is leaving to go home this morning so he never got to say goodbye. We both feel bad that they got upset with us but damn we just didnt want to race go carts, no big deal! Sorry for the rant, felt good to vent.
  • @Joi922‌ Congratulations!!!
    @wowcheezits‌ So glad to hear things are looking up. :)
  • @Joi922‌ Congrats!! Yay!! Such an exciting summer ahead. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"