May 2015 Moms
Options

Tummy rash from coco butter

jcaffarijcaffari member
edited November 2014 in May 2015 Moms
Hello ladies! 17w 6d here, and I just started developing a rash on my stomach/tummy from the coco butter (Palmer's brand) I've been using. It's been itching like crazy! Wondering if any of you have used other methods for the relief of itchy skin (due to the stretching) and of course, the tiger stripes that are starting to come

Re: Tummy rash from coco butter

• Options
    I get a rash when I wear costume jewelry and if I use any lotion besides regular unscented.  That goes for cocoa butter too!  Good news: I didn't end up using the cocoa butter (because of the rash), and two pregnancies later I don't have stretch marks.  Turns out it's genetic.  For the itching from your skin stretching out, use whatever generic plain lotion you can find and you shouldn't have a problem.  I like the CVS brand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Try a more natural product. Coconut oil is good, or I use Burt's bees tummy butter and oil because I have found they soak in well. You can also use olive oil, raw Shea butter, mango butter, the options are endless. The less chemicals the better for sensitive skin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use an organic blend of oils, like almond, pecan, coconut, and cocoa. It's called Mother's Oil. But I use oil for moisturizing.

I agree though that coconut oil would be great, and it's easy to find. I can't stand the smell of cocoa butter.
  • Options
    I had a reaction to palmers cocoa butter with my last pregnancy! Such a bummer. I switched to the Burt's Bees tummy oil and have had no problems or rashes.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses, and suggestions! Will definitely have to look into the oils and Burt's Bees! ☺️
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"