Trouble TTC

Need advice/help

so I had my monitoring appt this morning. I only had a follie measuring 10 :( I'm super bummed but they told me to keep using opks if I don't get a positive by day 15 to call. That doesn't sound right to me. I was half asleep when they called so I will be calling them back tmw. But besides needing to call and ask for another monitoring appt what would happen if I get a positive opk? Would I still trigger? Not trigger?

Any advice/experience is welcome!! Thanks !

------------
Razz *
Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
= BFP!
Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

Re: Need advice/help

• I agree with PP. My RE had me come in for two ultrasounds because I wasn't ready to trigger at the first one since my one follicle was at 19 I believe. I went back about 3 days later and was it was a 22 and I triggered that night. He instructed exactly when to BD. I would call and try to talk to a nurse of dr. If this is all that they do maybe it's time to get another RE like PP said.
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• RazzyRNRazzyRN member
    edited November 2014

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks!

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• I don't have anything to add that the other ladies haven't said already, but I wanted to wish you good luck!
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• 10mm on CD12 sounds like a normal response to me - that's about what I've always had on Letrozole, 10-11 mm on CD11-12. 

When I did a cycle without trigger, they had me take OPKs starting CD12 and then come on CD15 for monitoring. Sounds like they're assuming you won't have a mature follie before then, but want you to take OPKs to make sure you don't miss O.

For my 4 Letrozole cycles, I've measured similarly to you and always O'ed by CD18. I hope you have a similar response! My guess is that you'll be in the teens by CD15, and maybe need one more monitoring appt to decide when to trigger, or if they're not having you use a trigger, then have an OPK+ sometime after CD15.

If they haven't given you enough info on their plans this cycle to make you feel comfortable, definitely call and double check! For example, if you really want the peace of mind of a trigger shot for timing, let them know. Maybe they figured that with good SA and using TI, a trigger for timing was unnecessary?

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • 10mm on CD12 sounds like a normal response to me - that's about what I've always had on Letrozole, 10-11 mm on CD11-12. 

When I did a cycle without trigger, they had me take OPKs starting CD12 and then come on CD15 for monitoring. Sounds like they're assuming you won't have a mature follie before then, but want you to take OPKs to make sure you don't miss O.

For my 4 Letrozole cycles, I've measured similarly to you and always O'ed by CD18. I hope you have a similar response! My guess is that you'll be in the teens by CD15, and maybe need one more monitoring appt to decide when to trigger, or if they're not having you use a trigger, then have an OPK+ sometime after CD15.

If they haven't given you enough info on their plans this cycle to make you feel comfortable, definitely call and double check! For example, if you really want the peace of mind of a trigger shot for timing, let them know. Maybe they figured that with good SA and using TI, a trigger for timing was unnecessary?

Thank you! Since you responde similar that makes me feel a little better! I put a call in im waiting for them to call me back! I sure hope they didn't make me pay $100 for the trigger If they think it is unnecessary! When they call back I will let you know what they say! Thanks!!

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• I also took my femara day 5-9 I am wondering if I would of taken it 3-7 if I would of responded better/faster

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• just got off the phone with the nurse.. she said to keep using opks untill day 15, if i get a + call and come in, if not I am still to come in on day 15. i feel better now. and she made me feel better about my 10mm follie she said i was responding so thats good i guess :)

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• I have absolutely no advice to offer, but I did want to stop by to wish you luck on this cycle!

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• For my IUIs I had to go back in for monitoring every other day until ready to trigger, but I would imagine the timing is not quite as crucial for TI.  I don't have much to add beyond what the other ladies have said but I wanted to wish you good luck on this cycle : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"