Stay at Home Moms
Options

What kind of stuff do you put in stockings?

For me, stockings are maybe the funnest things to buy for. I usually do a couple candies, a book, a game, Christmas socks, maybe bubble bath. So what do you put in your stockings?

Re: What kind of stuff do you put in stockings?

• Options
    St. Nick does our stockings on the night of Dec. 5. Brings an apple, orange, small chocolates, candy cane, bigger chocolate Santa, and some small toys. Usually coloring books, art supplies, art kits, puzzles, little snow globes, little stuffed animals, small vehicles or action figures, etc. Usually a Christmas book for each child. Sometimes Christmas PJs, hair bows, socks, etc.

DH says Santa ALSO brings stuff in stockings, which we have never had happen before at my house. This year Santa may leave like one small toy at the end in each stocking.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Boys usually get candy, some type of card game, my oldest likes legos so a pkg of those, my youngest loves fun socks (so random) so I bought him a couple of those, new toothbrushes, bubble bath... ( I still need to get a few more things)

My husband: toothbrush, candy, gum, a dvd at the top, hot chocolate packages, and I need to probably get him a few more items...

DH usually puts bath gel, dark chocolate, lip balm, and other random items in mine.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tend to buy more practical stuff for the stockings (toothbrushes, deodorant, hair detangler, school supplies) along with some fun surprises (candy, gum, playing cards, coloring books).
  • Options
    SouthernAcornSouthernAcorn member
    edited November 2014
    Everyone gets a toothbrush. I don't remember a year of my life where there wasn't one in my stocking. 

Is it awful that I've never actually bought anything for anyone's stocking, even my children? We always spend the holidays with one of our families and the grandmas usually take care of it. They don't even ask for any input. I just assume my kids will have something in their stocking each Christmas morning. It's almost like Santa is real because I have no idea what's in there either. 

Except for a toothbrush, there's always one of those.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Options
    Everyone gets candy/chocolate, Pjs, underwear, and a movie , socks. DH also gets lottery tickets.. I usually get a gift card somewhere and lottery tickets
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Since LO is so young he won't care that DH and I won't have anything in our stockings so I did LO and the dog. The dog got a couple chew toys and LO got new sippy cups and board books.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Anything that fits, which usually isn't much...a candy treat, DVDs, stickers, small toys

• Options
    Chopsticks, tooth brush, I usually fill it with travel items my family can use on vacation. They like that. A toothbrush , candy, etc. my DS 2 1/2 will get candy, snacks, crayons , book, etc.
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Fun stuff! Candy,small books, bath tub crayons or paint (I HATE but the kids love), accessory jewelry, fun socks, small puzzles
  • Options
    Candy, comics, coloring books, crayons. Every year my Dad gives my brother and I a stocking with Silly Putty, it's tradition.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    So far I have bath paints and bandaids for the girls, with glowsticks, gloves, and popcorn toppings on the list to still get.  I usually end up with too much stuff and end up having it spilling out all over the floor too.  Plus somehow we ended up with the girls hanging little tiny stockings on their beds so I need to find some little toys to stick in those (it buys us time to wake up a little more fully after the shrieking before going downstairs).  DH will probably be getting a ton of candy in his.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This will be my first year doing a child's stocking. LO is only 8 months old and I think all I'm putting in it is those toy clear balls with things inside of them. I've always done my moms though and put deoderant, nail files, nail polish, hair elastics, and candies in it. Oh and I've aphazardly done DHs with deodorant, candies, and I don't even remember what else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"